Chapter 29: Lucas

Chapter 29: Lucas

Alex's P.O.V

There was a knock at the door as Mac started running down the stairs. "Dad don't worry I've got..." Mac trailed off as I opened the door a second later. She sighed a little as she went towards her friend and hugged them. Mac had never hugged another boy that weren't family in front of me before. A lump formed in my throat as she pulled away from him and turned to look at me a minute later

"Dad this is Lucas." She told me as she looked at me anxiously. I felt confused as she looked at me. What was she scared of?

Lucas held out his hand. "It's nice to meet you sir." He said politely. I was slightly taken back but shook his hand anyway.

Aimee came running down with no shirt on. "And this is my little sister Aimee Grace." Mackenzie chuckled as Aimee smiled up at him. Lucas went towards her and high fived her as Demi came downstairs.

"Aimee please get a shirt on. We have a guest." Demi told her as she reached the bottom step.

Aimee ran into the laundry room to get a shirt. "I'm sorry about that." Mum said

"Nah it's okay. I'm used to it. My little brother Owen has Autism." Luke replied

Aimee came back out with a shirt on and skipped towards us. "So are you and Mac going out?" Aimee asked Luke a second later.

Elizabeth came downstairs as soon as Aimee finished taking. "No." Luke laughed. "We're just friends." For some reason I relaxed a little as Luke said that

"Do you think you'll ever fall in love and make babies?" Elizabeth asked as she came towards us.

"Elizabeth..." Mac whined as she blushed bright red.

"What? Mummy and daddy started off as friends." Elizabeth replied to Mackenzie

"Girls and boys can just be friends Ellie." I told her as I looked at Mackenzie.

"Okay...we'll be in my room." Mac said as she took Lucas by the hand. I stopped them a second later.

"You are not having a boy in your room Mac." I replied as I felt something kick inside of me.

"Dad we won't do anything." Mac argued

"No." I shouted. "You are not going in your room."

"You let Aimee have her boyfriend in her room." Mackenzie yelled back at me

"That's different. She's five." I replied to her.

"Why are you being so protective? Just because I was hurt by other boys doesn't mean Luke will hurt me." Mackenzie had tears falling down her face as she mentioned all the people who had abused her.

Demi stepped in and told Mackenzie she could go upstairs with Luke as long as she had the door open. Mac disappeared with Luke and Aimee and Elizabeth went to play before Demi turned to face me.

"You need to trust her Alex." She told me.

"It's not her I don't trust." I replied to Demi.

"Alex. I don't want Mac to grow up either but she has to. You can't keep treating her like the five year old she once was."

"I don't." I said as I raised my voice at her.

"I just don't know what happened. One minute she finds boys disgusting and the next she has a boy as a friend." I continued in a softer voice a minute later.

"I know." Demi smiled weakly at me as she pulled me into a hug. She wrapped her arms around me.

"But if you don't let her do things like this she's not going to come to you about anything." She reminded me as she looked up with me.

I sighed. "Why do you always have to be right?" I asked.

"Because I'm a girl." Demi joked as she stuck her tongue out. I laughed as I heard someone coming down the stairs a minute later. I turned around to see Luke.

"I was just getting a drink..." He trailed off. He looked terrified of me and apart of me liked that but I also wanted him to feel comfortable around me at the same time. He started to walk away from me.

"Luke, wait." He turned around. "This isn't easy for me. You're the first boy Mac has shown interest in. But just be careful around her. I know she may seem strong but she isn't as strong as she looks or makes out to be. She's been through a lot and if you hurt her I will hunt you down and  string your balls up by a rope." I threatened before I walked away.

Authors note:

First impression of Luke?

Do you think Mackenzie should tell Luke about her past?

Mackenzie and Luke WILL NOT be going out yet (if at all.) Mac is only thirteen. But what do you think about them dating when they are older?

Don't worry Aimee will be in the next chapter with some her and Demi moments. :)

Vote,

Comment

And I'll update soon :)