Do you really hate me that much? Can I never be given a second chance? How can I make this right? Will I ever get you back?

I love you Baby. Come back to me, please.

Celestine Allen Michelson's POV

"Ready to go Baby?", I hear Paul's voice and turn back to look at him. He is looking at me with a smile.

"Of course. Just let me get my bag", I say and took my bag, making sure I put everything in it, then turned to him. "Okay. Let's go", I say while walking to him. He put his hand on the small of my back. Before it used to be comforting, but now, I feel a little uncomfortable. We both entered the lift and he pressed the button for ground floor.

"You seem tense. Is everything okay?", he asked. That's true, I am nervous about what I am about to tell him. I look up at him and gave him a tight-lipped smile.

"Yes. I have to talk with you", I say nervously.

"Let's talk while I drive. Okay?", he asked and I gave him a nod. The lift dinged, indicating that we are on the ground floor. I came out first and Paul walked right behind me and then walked with me to the car. He opened the door for me like the gentlemen he always is and I thanked him before sitting inside. He closed the door and walked around the car to come and sit in the driver's seat.

I sat there in the passengers seat, nervously fiddling my thumbs, as my heart drummed inside my chest. Sweat trickling down my forehead as I bit my lip while pushing a strand of my hair behind my ear.

How am I going to tell him this? How will he take it? But I have to do this. That's when the conversation that I had with dad, ran in my mind.

"Eat the carrot too dad", I ordered him as he pushed those away. Even when I was kid, he made me eat them, but he himself never ate carrots.

"Oh Bossy Little Miss. I don't want to. You are my daughter. You are not supposed to order me", he said teasingly.

"Aha! I am. It's good for your eyes. Since you are becoming old, you need to eat more of them".

"Old?! This dynamite body is never getting old. I am healthy as horse", he said arrogantly. I shook my head at him with a smile.

"Yeah. I can see that", I said sarcastically while rolling my eyes and eating my food.

" Celestine, dear, I need to talk to you", he said seriously. I stood up as I finished eating and took my father's plate to put them in the sink.

"What is it dad?", I ask while cleaning my hands and wipe them to the napkin before turning to him.

"Sit here", he said pointing to the chair beside him. I went and sat beside him wondering what is so serious.

"Is everything alright?".

"That is what I should ask you. Is everything alright?". I gave him a confused look and a smile.

"Of course. Why?".

"You don't seem okay. You keep thinking too much". I look down, not knowing how to answer that. He is right though. I keep thinking too much these past few days. About Heath, Paul and me.

"Everything is alright", I say looking at my fingers

"Princess, look at me", he said and I raised my head to meet his eyes.

"Do you love Paul?", he asked and that one question was enough to make me look away. I took a deep breath before looking down ashamed.

"No", I whisper as tears pooled in my eyes. "But I want to". I feel his comforting hand on my shoulder.

"Dear, you can't love someone because you want to. You just fall in love with them".

I just stayed silent knowing it's true. In my heart somewhere I know that I may not fall in love with Paul, but I still stubbornly want to.

"If you don't love him, then why are you marrying him, dear? Is he forcing you? Tell me. Share with me. I am here to help you. I can't see you like this". His words and voice are so comforting. All the emotions that are pent up inside me slowly started coming out. But he asked the most difficult question though.

"No dad, he isn't forcing me".

"Then, what is it dear?". I sniffed a little as tears started falling. Oh God! This is so hard!

"I really like him Dad. He takes care of me. He was there when I was in my dark times. I.... I don't know. But I can't get myself to love him. I just hope one day I will love him", I said as tears streamed down my face.

"Hope to love? You are marrying him because you want to move on. It is loveless marriage, don't you think you are cheating, most importantly cheating yourself thinking that you will love him one day?", he said and gave a small gap. "Don't you think you are doing the same to Paul, what Heath did to you? The only difference is, he did it for company and you are doing it to prove yourself that you have moved on".

I keep looking down at my fingers, feeling so ashamed. It was silent for a minute before he spoke.

"You still have Heath in your heart, don't you?", he asked and that question raised a tsunami in me. Is it the one question that I am avoiding myself to answer, even to myself.

"Yes dad. But I don't want to. I want to move on from him-".

"You can't Princess", he cut me off. "You can't choose to stop loving a person. I can't stop the love I have for your mother. I can never look at other women with the same feeling. Even though your mother went to a placed where she can never come from, I can never bring myself to love other women".

I nodded my head.

"I know you are a very well-mannered women. All I want is your happiness and I will support you in everything. But by marrying, you will only be hurting yourself and Paul".

"I don't know what to do", I adimitted as I was on the verge of breaking down. He put his hand on my hair soothing me.

"Listen to your heart Princess. Do whatever it says. I am not telling you to go back to Heath. In fact, I don't want you to. You can't marry someone because you want to move on. But figure out the situation with Paul. Good night", he said and kissed my forehead before leaving the room and me with my own confusing thoughts.

"Baby, you okay? We are in front of your house", I hear Paul asked loudly and came out of my stance to look at him. I didn't realize I am trying till I see the blurred vision of Paul.

"Yeah, I am okay". I wipe the tears away from my eyes.

"No, you are not. What is it?", he asked as he stopped the car. The rain is pouring out hard outside the car.

I opened and closed my mouth like a fish, but nothing came out of my mouth. I can't make up enough courage in me to tell him.

"You are worrying me", he said with worry in his eyes. I took a deep breath with determination to tell him. I look my to meet his eyes, but couldn't bring myself to say it while looking at him. So, I look down to say it.

"We should break up".

There, I said it.

A/N:

Hey my cute dumplings!

Did you like it? I hope you did. I don't think Celestine did anything wrong. Because if things went far, it will only hurt them both. Tell me what you think.

Please VOTE and COMMENT.