Chapter 14

*Sam POV*

I hopped out of my lightly padded chair and sprinted to Cammei's room, my shoes slamming on the tile floor. I flew around the corner into her room where doctors and nurses were hovering over her body.

"Sir, please you can't be in here," one of the nurses grabbed my arms and tried to pull my back. I fought against her restraint, but I was too weak. I slumped into the arms of a complete stranger and let myself be led out of the noisy room full of blue scrubs.

"What.. what happened?" My voice croaked the question to the blonde nurse trying to calm me.

"We aren't for sure yet, but I guarantee you that those doctors in there are the best in the state and we aren't going to let anything happen to her. You have to believe me when I say that this is their job and letting someone die isn't part of the quota."

Suddenly, I heard a shout from inside the room. "We have a pulse!" I pushed past the nurse and ran back into the stuffy chamber.

I slumped against the beige wall closest to the door at the sight of Cammei's fragile body, surrounded by pale green scrubs. It was something I had never wanted to see. The love of my life clinging onto life.

One of the doctors turned to look at me. I knew I shouldn't be in here, but I guess he let it slide. "Sir, would you like a couple minutes to.."

"Don't say it," I firmly interrupted him, "I will not say goodbye." He nodded his head understandingly. Then, he cleared everyone out of the room.

I pushed myself off if the floor and made my way over to Cammei's bed. I grabbed her hand. Tears sprung into my eyes at the feel of her cold body. "There is a huge difference in loves," I started, wiping a tear as it escaped my eye, "loving someone and being in love with that someone. They're completely opposite. My feelings for you.. are neither. You have completely captured me in love. I'm trapped by it, but that is a great thing. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

Tears were streaming in lines down my face now. I laid my head on her stomach and closed my eyes. Waiting for that final sign that she was gone. I could almost feel her hand stroking my curls like she used to. I jerked my head up. I wasn't imagining that.

"Damn it, Sam. You'd be the one to wake me up and make me cry," her soft eyes opened and adjusted to the light. Cammei wasn't going anywhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~

FINALLY! I'm back! I have missed you guys so freaking much! This one is very short because I am currently typing on my phone.. In my bathtub. I'm a loser. Anyways! For those of you that have stuck around and waited patiently, I give you a massive virtual hug! I love my fans and my 36k+ reads!

Personal life time..
It's been hard to keep up with this story because of school and I have soccer practice everyday not to mention I usually have plans on the weekends! Which is why my only free time.. Is in the bathtub. Jeez, you guys so much had happened to me. From boy drama to friends drama, I've had it all. But that's the typical life of a 15 year old!

I love my fellow Wattpad-ers so much!

- xoxo Rylee