Chapter 9

"You have a good voice," Sam told me as we walked along the community sidewalk. I looked down at his feet and noticed he was wearing his red Converse, of course.

A blush crept up my neck. "No I don't! You must have your ears a little out of tune!"

He wiggled his finger around in one, catching some curls in the midst, I giggled at his current face. "Nah, I think they are just fine, but yours on the other hand.." He trailed off.

"Shoot, I have the best in the family!"

About that time, I heard a familiar jingle and turned around. "Ice cream!" I shouted tugging Sam along. "I told you that I had good ears."

"We are not getting ice cream from a truck. That's disgusting." He replied pulling me to a stop.

I looked at him with my mouth agape. "I can't even - oh my gosh. Did you really just say that?" He nodded, a smirk playing on his lips. I groaned before continuing to the brightly colored van.

"I've never had any from a truck and well, it doesn't sound very appetizing," He confessed, walking behind me.

"Well you're about to try it! No exceptions," I strictly told him.

"Hello Miss! What can I get for you?" The elderly man at the window asked with a smile.

"Well, this is my boyfriend's first time trying this kind of service," I started, "so what do you believe would be the perfect first?"

I saw Sam roll his eyes from beside me and I popped his arm with the back of my hand. I pushed a piece of my hair that had come out of my ponytail behind my ear as the man answered. "I think that he should try our Cookie Dough supreme." I nodded at his suggestion and looked over at Sam.

"Sound good babe?" I asked with a smile.

"As long as whatever you get, I can lick some of your nose later?" He replied with a lustful look.

"Of course you have to find some way to make this dirty," I told him with shove.

"Here you go Sir," The ice cream worker told Sam as he handed him a cone full of delicious looking cream, "and for you?"

I pursed my lips as I considered all the possible flavors before finally deciding on one of my favorites. "Strawberry tossed with chocolate chips and add extra sugar." I added a big smile at the end. The man chuckled at my selection.

"Want a diet Coke with that?" Sam asked with wide eyes. I looked into his brilliant green orbs and smiled.

"Nah, I like a thrill," I replied pulling him down for a kiss. I pulled away and licked my lips. "Mmm, that's good." I nodded towards his cone.