"The real question is why wasn't your boyfriend there?" He asked, and he almost sounded jealous.

"He's not my boyfriend." I mumbled quietly. "I'm sorry what?" Zayn asked condescendingly making me look at my feet. "We broke up." I said, my voice stronger.

"Ah, he didn't seem like your type anyway."

These words made me angry. Not only because of the significance they had on Louis for his past relationship, but because who was Zayn to tell me who my type is?

He took note of my irritation, and stood to his feet, inching closer to me. I felt trapped in my own house.

"Come on Livvy I'm sorry." Zayn was giving me that look, the one that used to get him out of everything.

I was rendered speechless.

"This isn't appropriate." My voice was shaking. I felt like if he got any closer to me I would erupt into flames.

He reached out his hand brushing my arm. What used to fill me with warmth, suddenly filled me with irritation and discomfort.

I suddenly wished my apartment was so much bigger, that way there was more space between us.

"Livvy," his voice was smooth as silk, and I shuddered at how cold it sounded.

"Baby listen, I know all those years ago I had a lapse of judgment." My chest tightened.

"And hearing you talk about me like that today, just made me realize what I had done, what I had lost."

My mind was racing, this is what I had been wanting for years. But now, things were different now. "You have no right to call me that." I spit and he shrugged.

"You have a fiancé remember?" I harshly reminded him. His eyes narrowed, I knew he was about to yell.

"Forget about her, this is about us." I backed away from him grabbing my notebook for comfort.

I knew Zayn would never physically hurt me, but his presence was putting me on the verge of a panic attack.

"There is no us." I said calmly, gripping the pages tightly. He had the audacity to laugh.

"Come on Livvy." I cringed at the nickname as it rolled off his tongue. "I know that you miss me." He said barely above a whisper.

Then I had an idea. It probably wouldn't work, but it would make me feel better.

I cleared my throat, and turned my notebook to a fresh page. Zayn furrowed his eyebrows as he watched me.

"Expects things to be okay." I said out loud, and began writing down the same sentence.

"Livvy what are you—"Calls me Livvy." I wrote while I spoke aloud.

"Listen, Holly and I—"Cheater" I wrote in all caps.

"What do you think you're doing?" he yelled, obviously angry. I smiled to myself as I remembered one of me and Louis' earliest conversations.

"Typical pros and cons list." I said smoothly. He snatched my notebook, and I flinched. He looked at what I had written down, then threw the book back at me.

"Well where are my pros?" He looked genuinely upset. I reopened it, ripping out the list and crumpling it up.

"Pros, you left." I spit as I threw the piece of paper at him.

"Olivia." I heard Louis' voice, and jumped up, suddenly searching frantically for my phone.

"Oh don't tell me he's here." Zayn groaned and I sprinted to my front door. I threw it open, and sure enough Louis was standing there.

"I can explain, he just showed up, I swear Louis I—"He stopped my rambling by holding up his phone.

Fifteen minutes of call time between the two of us visible. "I know." His eyes were soft and I threw my arms around him.

"Oh how sweet." Zayn said bitterly.

"Get out." I said harshly, and Zayn chuckled. "That sounds familiar." My heart clenched, memories of that night flooding back.

Louis' body tensed and he took a step inside my apartment towards Zayn.

"You have no business being here." Louis was angry. I hadn't ever seen him this way. "What makes you think she's going to choose you over me?" Zayn hit him right were it would hurt, and I felt faint.

Hurt flashed through Louis' eyes, but was quickly replaced with malice. "I guess this is a bit ironic" Louis let out a dark chuckle, and I waited for him to explain.

"Holly cheated on me with you." Zayn's face was stone cold, at Louis' words. "And you're attempting to cheat on her now?" Louis was shaking.

Zayn's eyes looked at me and back to Louis. "I love Olivia." Zayn said, and I felt uneasy, I hated him saying my name.

Before Louis could argue I spoke. "Zayn I have a bit of news for you." I reached down squeezing Louis' hand in an attempt to calm him down.

Zayn looked on the verge of defeat, and my words took the final blow.

"I found someone else."

Louis turned to me, his eyes full of something I couldn't quite describe. Zayn, he stood there for a moment, angry and hurt.

Then he did what he does best.

 He left.

However, but this time I was smiling. I was smiling because I had finally won.