Chapter 7 - "That's what they all say."

This is the first time I've cried in in front of anyone in my life and I couldn't find a way to stop.

Unfortunately, my 'well thought out plan' turned into a twisted near death experience and part of my wishes that the end would have played out like that.

Stop – I thought, halting myself not wanting to venture deeper into the dark parts of my thoughts.

I found myself back where I had started, only this time I was staring at the marbled ceiling of the mansion like house I was held captive in.

But hey, at least I wasn't stranded in a dark and dirty basement with my hands tied in ropes, so all good you know!

Not exactly.

Everywhere I went I would have Luke to chaperone me and it was honestly pissing me off.

Like, if you would excuse me so I can go crawl into a ball and cry in the corner in peace, that would be great!

It made me feel weak and I didn't like it.

So I did what any other seventeen year old person would do and forced my tears back down. I felt a yawn escape past my lips and I wanted to sleep, dream of a place where I was happy again and pretend this was all a nightmare I would wake up from soon.

It was only Luke and I, for the others were out somewhere that I didn't really give much interest about.

"You tired?" After no words were exchanged between us, (unless you count crying your eyes out as a reason why) the silence was disturbed.

I glared at him and my eye twitched, a natural habit I had when I was agitated.

I laid my head down onto the soft surface behind me and almost felt my eyes close, until my serenity was disrupted by him scooping me up in the clichéd 'bridal style' and carrying me somewhere.

He laid me down in what I assumed was his bed, as he rummaged through a few drawers.

"Here." He said, tossing a few items of clothing at my head and I was glad to finally have something else to wear instead of the ridiculous uniform I still had on.

I wasn't very much bothered to get up and ask for directions to the bathroom so I pulled off my top with much difficulty. I groaned in annoyance as the zip at the back got caught in my hair.

Feeling the mattress dip behind me, I felt Luke's hands lift my hair over my shoulder as he effortlessly pulled the zip down. I felt shivers run down my back at the close proximity while he bent down and kissed the bare skin of my shoulder.

The air in the room shifted and I began to get extremely uncomfortable as I scrambled away, feeling my skin tingle from where his lips touched.

My parents were extremely religious and had enforced that upon me, so this was naturally the most intimate thing I had ever experienced with someone of the opposite sex.

A silent tear slid down my cheek. I missed them dearly.

I got changed into the t-shirt I was so kindly provided with and it was enough to cover half of my bare legs, so I slipped under the covers and let my eyelids close. I could've sworn I felt something on my waist but I was too tired to check what it was.

It was then that I heard a quiet "good night Ava" that I realised Luke had climbed in next to me.

I wasn't bothered telling him to get out, because it was his room after all and letting me sleep in a room that wasn't the basement was as good a kindness as any.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Now, are you going to be a good girl for me?" His voice was sinister, almost mocking as he pocked the knife into the skin of my neck, almost playfully.

He was enjoying it.

I struggled against the chains on my hand that bounded me to the chair.

The cool metal burning against my scraped skin.

The wet crimson trickled out of my neck and fell in little drops onto my bare legs as I felt a breeze of cold air surround me.

I screamed against the duct tape but all that could be heard were muffles.

"I'm sorry, you're going to have to talk a bit louder than that." His voice was teasing and it almost made me throw up a little bit in my mouth.

I refused to look the murderer in the eye and turned my head away, feeling the knife edge its way deeper and deeper.

"Well then, if you're not going to listen I'm going to get very angry baby girl."

He blew the hair away from my face, his lips making contact with my ear.

"And trust me, you wouldn't like that now would you?" he whispered, nibbling the bottom of my ear menacingly.

I screwed my eyes shut tight, prepared for him to just end it.

He kept a tight lock on my jaw and forcefully pulled my face towards his, a twisted smile on his face like the joker.

His blue orbs were shades darker and I have not felt more frightened in my life.

With one swift movement he shoved the knife into my neck and pulled it across my skin as I screamed in pain.

"Ava...ava" his voice grew louder rather than distant and I thrashed around, immediately jolting up.

My hands flew up to my neck as I felt around for any signs of lacerations and I stared at them in disbelief, seeing no signs of blood on them.

I was breathing hard, each breath feeling like short. The same blue orbs were looking into mine, but this time they held genuine concerned look rather than a murderous one.

"What did you see?" Luke rubbed his hand over his face, running his slender fingers through his silky blonde hair.

He rubbed my back, helping me calm down and embraced me into him, his chin on my head.

"I saw you."

"How romantic."

"You were slitting my throat."

"I'm not going to hurt you."

"That's what they all say."