0.3

Chapter 3

"I'm going to head out, Dawy don't forget to lock up. It's your turn. " I shouted over the loud music.

He stopped pouring and meeting my gaze "do I ever forget T?"

I smiled. Dawson never forget but there was nothing wrong with reminding him late night shifts were after all the hardest. He was one of the few sons left and my closest friend. We usually locked up by midnight but tonight had been different, the boss's orders had been clear we were to wait until the birthday group left. They were bringing in big money so we had to accommodate them best as possible. It was gone two and still they were not done. After hours of dancing and drinking it was a mystery how they were still able to party the night away. Dawy's super ability meant he still had the energy even after eight hours of loud noise, sweaty people, and lack of sleep.

I however was a human with minimal capabilities therefore standing with a huge grin behind the bar after eight hours on my feet being enthusiastic was possibly not my most defining quality.

"You ordered a cab? It's too dangerous to be walking this time of the night"

"Now who's being the pest?" I smiled.

"T don't avoid the question, you shouldn't be walking at this time" Dawy went on. Like every other night, he hated me walking despite this being one of the smallest and possibly safest places in the whole country. No one bothered us, there was nothing for them here and in return we bothered no one, there was nothing for us anywhere else. This was home.

Was.

Although lately it hadn't been feeling like it as much.

I grimaced.

"This is a safe neighbourhood Dawy nothing ever happens here, anyway I love to walk." I repeated like every other night.

"I still don't like it, I don't like you walking at this time of the night especially since there are no guards, nothing anymore"

"I can't bear it, it don't feel right T" He went on, this was definitely new, I looked at him properly now.

His beautiful honey eyes, brown soft curls and big frame had drawn many girls onto his path but he wasn't like that, he had far too many responsibilities to stray.

I smiled he was a real sweetheart, one of the good guys.

I hugged him.

"I'm touched, but I'm a big girl I'll be fine". It was supposed to be a quick hug and go but instead of letting go he held on tighter.

And then it happened.

I saw a little boy with beautiful honey eyes hugging a woman, waving goodbye before he getting on the high school bus, Avalon it read, and then another where the same boy watched as a man who resembled him held the same woman's dead body in his arms she had been shot and there was silver coming out her mouth and eyes. The man was crying, screaming and rocking her. The boy looked around only to see more bodies, all over the field with people crying holding the deceased. It looked like a battle. This must have been the hunter rouge coordinated attack that many would often talk about around the camp fire, the battle which took their Luna many years ago, it was still haunting for them.

And then I was in Dawy's arms once again the memory fading.

His memory.

I gasped and began pushing him off that should not have happened.

No, No! I was free. Free! I hadn't gotten any since my mother's death several months ago. I thought I had finally become free of the curse.

Black magic that was what Aunt Malia always said.

"T, you okay? T? T? THALIA!" he shouted snapping me back into the world of reality.

"I'm fine, look I got to go see you, bye" With that I ran and ran ignoring his calls behind me. I was naturally very fast I had always been, giving plenty of the wolves a run for their money when I first came to town. It was where the "runner" name had come from, original right, not.

I shouldn't have touched him, I shouldn't have! I don't want to see.

The curse to see.