Damien Bates

"Careful who you trust. Even the Devil was once an Angel."

~~~~~~

Currently, Damien stood in front of Ezekiel Bates.

His father.

Oh, and how he hated his father.

His father was an evil man and only did things for his own benefit, and Damien hated him with a passion burning deep within his heart.

Damien could practically see the devil horns piercing through the top of his grey hair.

No matter what Damien did, his father was always disappointed of him.

Ezekiel, his father, wanted Damien, his only son, to take over the family business. Which just happened to be a multi-million dollar company. And Ezekiel asked Damien to become the CEO recently.

Damien didn't like the idea of taking over the business, but would do anything to make his father proud of him.

Damien stood a mere few feet from his father's desk in his office.

The two men were quiet, heavy tension in the air. Ezekiel sat with his hands propped under his chin, giving Damien a long, cold stare. Looking him up, sizing him.

A chill ran down Damien's back and he set his jaw as his father judged him brutality.

After a long, torturing silence, Ezekiel gestured to the pair of beige chairs in front of his desk, and Damien took a seat. "Do you know why I called you here today, son?"

Damien shook his head, confused. "No sir."

Ezekiel sat back in his chair and smiled, folding his hands together. "Have you ever wondered why you're twenty-three and never have been to collage?"

Damien grew even more perplexed, but kept a straight face. He wouldn't let his father see that he broke Damien's wall.

"I believe it's because I have a very wealthy family," He replied quickly. "And not to mention your sway with The Council.. with you being a member and whatnot."

Ezekiel pressed his pointer finger and his thumb to the bridge of his nose and sighed, obviously annoyed at his son.

The light from the window shined brightly on his face, illuminating his wrinkles across his forehead from years of stress.

"Yes Damien, but that's not the fact of the matter. Everything I've done for you has been leading up to this moment. I'm sending you to Oudeman Academy. The Council has grown wary over the last few years, and they think it would be best if all Halbbluts get sent to this safe haven. The Council are hoping they will find their mate."

Damien's eyes grew wide in surprise. His father was sending him to an academy for Halbbluts? As in half bloods? He could hardly believe his ears.

"I don't understand, sir. Why would you be sending me to a safe haven for half bloods? Half of what? And mates?" He said, and Ezekiel sighed.

"It's about time I told you. You are half demon, half human. Your mother was a human," Ezekiel sighed, looking off into the distance, lost in a memory, before he looked back to him and continued. "I am a demon. One of the highest ranks, in fact. That's why I was chosen to be a member of the council. All of us are.. Not quite human."

Damien shook his head in confusion. "So I'm half demon? I have wings and horns and things? How did I not know about this?"

Ezekeil sighed. "The changing procces happens when you turn twenty-three. Which is why I've finally decided to send you. Your powers will be emerging soon.