Things Change

Erza came in the room, she wasn't the women I saw a week ago-or at least didn't look like it.

She cut her hair and layered it down to her shoulders, it was wavy now, her home-wife figure was gone and now she looked more like the girl I married so many years ago, "I'm sorry I'm late," she said.

"It is okay Mrs. Fernandez," my lawyers said, "take a seat if you would," she took a seat next to her lawyer, we were in the middle of our divorce, I was shocked when she gave me the papers, she signed them with no hesitation.

"So the Miss has returned to wedding ring, the jewelry that you paid for, and you allowed to keep the clothes?"

I nodded as my lawyer named off the list, "and what about the house?"

"Keep it," Erza blurted, "I am going to take the position in my families company, and I have my eyes set on a penthouse in Magnolia Heights," she said, "besides he needs somewhere to go when he comes home late with some one-night-stand." I glared as her and she gave me an innocent smile.

"Okay, the house is the Misters to keep," he said, "furniture?"

"Erza and I agreed she could take the down stairs furniture, and I can have the upstairs," I said, although I am going to have to buy a new fridge.

"Ok," the other lawyer said, "Erza only wants to take the furniture, the suits that she bought for the Mister, and the 10,000,000 jewel she is owed for your college expenses," he said.

"Mrs. Fernandez!" My lawyer shrieked.

"Well this marriage wasn't long lasting and I have a right to my money," she said.

"Anything I else?" I cringed.

"She also wanted the dog." My dog?

"No," I said.

"Yes," she spat.

"The dog stays."

"I am the one who adopted the dog, with my money, you can keep him but that's going to cost you extra money, the dog was 76,000 jewel," she said.

Yeah I was not winning that.

"Fine," I said, "this meeting it over, Erza you have 72 hours to move out," they said.

"Thank you," she said and took her shopping bags and left with her.

We were only in our 20s, she was 24, and I was 28, we got married too young, we had a nice four years of marriage, well two actually, halfway through I started to cheat on her.

I ran out the door and gripped onto her arm harshly, "are you sure you even want to go through with this?" I asked, "it's been four years, come on."

"That's the thing Jellal," she said, "I don't want whatever this would be, I'm a free women, and without you holding me back I can finally just move on!"

"But I love you, and I would never do any of that stupid shit again," we were now outside, and she wasn't even listening, I grabbed her by the waist and smashed her lips onto mine, showing her I was going to take her if it meant by force, when we broke apart she leaned into my ear, "her name was Jenny right?" She pushed me away, "don't touch me."