Chapter 35 - The Murderer's Identity

Start from the beginning

"Let's proceed to the Execution Panel to tackle the matters at hand." Count Sigfreid walked ahead of us.

The moment we get in to the Centrum Andreas unfreeze Countess Belona and she was very shocked. No vampires are allowed to use their abilities unless it was permitted by the head of the Panel so the vampires have no means of ability to use it against the Panel.

"What is the meaning of this?" Countess acted.

"You will know soon Belona." Count Sigfreid didn't gave any hint.

"All rise the Execution Panel will begin now." The head of the Panel started.

"We Council Sigfreid and Council Giorgio present upon this panel the Clan of Levatnia in Germany lead by Master named Andreas Meyer. The said clan have caused turmoil both for innocent humans and our Covenant. The Shadow named Margo Zeigler is proven liable to conspiracy with none other than our own Leader, Countess Belona." Count Sigfreid started while everyone gasped at Countess.

"Please present the evidences and witnesses to prove this immoral and unpredictable act to this Panel." The Head Panel said.

"Executioner, I, Master Andreas Meyer stands as a witness to the conspiracy concerning the former Hunters Leader Mallory Bauer known as Constance." Master started as we all stay seated.

"What proof do you have for us to belie your plead?" The Head Panel inquired.

"Executioner, I present to you my daughter and her aunt Elizabeth who are both victim of the crime and conspiracy they both died on the hands of Countess Belona Elizabeth thousand years ago while my daughter nearly died if it wasn't for her brilliant plan. My ability to travel time can suffice this and I believe they can testify my assertion if the Panel allow me to show it." Master calmly suggested.

"I am consenting you to use the ability to prove this theory of yours." The Head Panel permitted.

"THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE!! HOW CAN THEY BE ALIVE I KILLED THEM!!" Countess claimed in front of everyone.

Elizabeth and Ette proceed to the Centrum while Andreas held their hand. During this time all the memories played inside the Panel way back the day she was murdered it includes her revival by her father.

"Master Meyer you brought Witch Hunters on this Panel. Do you know that this is forbidden?" The head said.

"I am very aware Executioner and I will humbly accept the consequences it may serve." Master lowered his head.

"With all due respect Executioner, I, Elder Karlsten Schultz stands as a witness hereby say that the said witches our living proof of the argument we just presented. Master Meyer should be exempted from the consequences if you may consider." I strongly defended Andreas.

"Upon seeing and hearing your claimed Countess, we hereby believed you are proven guilty to this crime. Please state your reason of this erroneous act." The Head focuses his attention to Countess.

"I killed them because their lineage was the reason for my family's death including my Chosen!" Countess revealed full of rage. 

She narrated the conversations she heard between Elizabeth and her father. How her brother and mother died, the day she was turned and had her revenge against them and the rest of their generations.

"Belona, yes I went along at the start but I fell in love with Augustus even before my father ordered me to give him a potion.  I couldn't do it because I love him more than anything." Elizabeth voice came strong but raspy.

"LIAR!! THEN HOW COME YOU NEVER CAME TO HIM WHEN HE WAS SICK YOU GAVE HIM THAT DEATH POTION!!" Belona screamed at the top of her lungs.

"NO!! I WAS THERE CINSISTENTLY FOR TEN DAYS BUT YOUR MOTHER STOPPED ME!! I WAS THERE EVERYDAY UNTIL I SAW HIM BEING CRADLE AT HIS DEATH BED!! HE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE CHANCE TO KNOW I AM PREGNANT WITH HIS CHILD!" Elizabeth stood up matching her tone.

"ENOUGH BOTH OF YOU!! I expect everyone to observe silence and diplomacy while the Execution is on-going. Master Meyer please show us this event that these two women claimed." The Head Panel administered Andreas. 

"You were pregnant?" Countess seems to be in state of shock from the revelation.

Once again Andreas held both of their hands and the memory flashes in everyone's eyes. More on this part was about Countess how she allied with former Leader of the Hunters Mallory Bauer known as Constance. It also shows her involvement of Ette's death and how they plan everything making Margo and Cedrik as their accomplice. The information about Avereksia she secretly leads for the war was also exposed Adrian stands as the witness for this since he was part of the Clan. What shocked me the most is she was the one who helped them escaped and blame my parents? My question is where are they if they didn't help them escaped?

"WHERE ARE THEY?! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THEM!!" This time it was my turn to get furious.

"I held them captive at Avereksia and I ordered them to be killed once I was captured. By now they are roasting in the dungeon including your loyal sister Briella." Countess snapped bitterly at me. 

"SILENCE!! One more negligent and I'm sending each and every one of you to the Execution! Count Giorgio, please open the door for the Oubliette and let the guards bring the Shadow." The head warned us while ordering.

Few moments later we heard the door opened and saw Margo. She was chained with silver on her neck, hands and wrists. We heard gasped from Adrian as what I expected but held him on his seat.

"Executioner, I present to you Shadow Margo Zeigler." Count Sigfreid introduced her. 

Margo was in complete awe the moment she saw Adrian sitting in one of the Panel.

They began questioning her and seeing her brother stands in front of her made confessed everything. She admitted Countess came to her and Adrian was right all along she was forced for her brother's sake. The Executioner listened intently while Andreas for the last time did the procedure. 

"Do you have anything to say just before we gave the verdict Countess Belona?" The Head Panel gave one hard look to her.

"All I want is to avenge for my family's death I wouldn't care if you kill me and I have no more family to suffer. I will never plead guilty or innocent." Countess pride arises.

"That is where you are wrong Countess... Master Meyer please bring Countess brother to the Execution Panel." I stated with pure anger.

This was one of Andreas plan before we get here Raymund revived Augustus. As a vampire if your family dies before you were turned it is against the law to resurrect a deceased because they do not have free will to decide whereas the witches can do it without a doubt. Countess remained speechless but everyone can detect her emotions excitement and fear. Everyone started to murmur and we all stay silent when the Head waved his hand in the air.

"Upon hearing all your sides we already come up with the decision. Margo Zeigler I hereby announce your accessory to the crime has been redeemed but you will still be serving a 10 years imprisonment inside the Fortress Dungeon vampire without pardon. As for Countess Belona, you are here by condemned of multiple killings, with that your brother will be executed with your bare hands effective tomorrow. This Panel is adjourned." The Head Panel final words as he leaves in the Centrum. 

We watched Countess as she was being taken away with her brother. We cannot detest the Panel rulings and I can see Elizabeth is having her own personal battle.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter ;)

Thank you so much!

••••• MJ Cristine