Chapter 12 - The White Lies

KARLSTEN POV

I prepared myself and spend time inside the shower since I find it relaxing. After making sure I dabbed the oil perfectly I drove off in fast speed. The Club is still closed but employees are coming in for their night shift upon entering I saw Althea had intense conversation with Levi. When they saw me in view they stopped and her brother left.

"Hey Althea!" I greeted her after getting a seat.

"Hey Karlo." Althea gave a civil nod.

"Is everything okay? Your brother seems to be in a bad mood." I studied her body language.

"It's nothing he was just being pain in my head as always. Thinking I am way older than him by five years yet he is acting as if he is." Her voice got upset.

"I see so am I too early for tonight?" I scanned the place.

"No you are just in time but I'm actually on the way out to have some dinner." She told me while checking the time.

"Then let's grab a bite my treat! I didn't have dinner yet and had a bad day at the office so I immediately went here to unwind." I tried to be enthusiastic.

"Let me just grabbed my purse and were good to go." She smiled back.

While she was away I sniffed the air and smelled something but I can't pinpoint it. I decided to follow it discreetly so I can get a hint who owns it. Before I could find it out Althea voice popped out of nowhere.

"Where are you going Karlo?" She grabbed my hand.

"I was heading to the washroom but I realized I don't know where it is." I smoothly lied.

"Oh okay its right this way." She motioned for me to follow her.

I pretended doing my business and let her lead the way. At the back of my mind I made a mental note of finding out that scent if I want full knowledge about the Hunters then I need to get on Althea's good side. Maybe I need to act like I'm interested on her. Without further words I went out of the men's room with a smile on my face. The Hunters will never know what will hit them.

"Let's go." I unlocked the car.

"Yeah let's get out of here I'm really starving." She hurriedly went to the door.

"Eager to have me by yourself woman?" I tried to get flirty.

"Are you flirting with me young man?" She countered placing a hand on her hip.

"What if I am? Will that be a problem?" I retorted.

"I am way too older than you young man and you're like a son to me. I'm sorry." She is a tough nut to crack.

Damn now I need to change my plan. If she only knew what my really age was she will be surprise.

"I was just kidding Althea you are like a mother to me too." I thought of new alibi.

"Thank God I really don't want this to get awkward you know." She got tensed.

"Same here so are you still up for dinner?" I started walking with her. 

"Sure." She gladly accepted.  

I drove to a restaurant that Louise called this morning I specifically told her that it has to be the most fancy, expensive and romantic. Most importantly it has to be the name I used when I introduced myself with her.

"Here we are." I stopped the car.

"This place is beautiful but too romantic." Her eyes are roaming around.