Chapter 19 - The Bite Mark

KARLSTEN POV

Adrian hurriedly went to the car almost breaking the door he was about to launch when he saw me coming out of the car. Since the oil still has the effect on me he can't tell I'm a vampire.

"Why in the hell you are you with Louise at this late hour and smelled like human?" He stared in awe.

"Will explain later for now take Louise to her bedroom she's exhausted." I pointed to his sleepy chosen.

"Fine." He went to the front seat and carried her.

I was thankful he didn't see the bite mark or else this is really going to be a long night. After he carefully placed Louise on her bed my luck shrinks he finally noticed it when moved sideways.

"WHAT THE HELL YOU BIT HER?!! HOW COULD YOU!!" He advanced towards me.

"That is not what it seems like." I reasoned out.

"WHY THE HELL SHE GOT THAT I SWEAR I WILL TEAR YOU LIMB BY LIMP FRIEND OR NOT!!" He spat at me venomously.

"Will you two stop arguing?! Adrian I am fine and I agreed on it so shut up! Now both of you leave I want to sleep!" Louise yelled in sleepy tone.

"I am close to beating you Karlsten but I'm holding it down since Louise is here." He hissed at me.

"If you don't want Louise to wake up then I suggest you calm yourself for a minute!" I whispered yell.

He stopped on his track and watch Louise sleeping figure. I head to the door and went to the living room and waited for him.

"Tell me what really happened without any lapses." He is now sedated.

"I will tell you things that will make you extremely mad but I assure you that nothing bad happens to her after that." I started while he just waited for me to start.

I told him the planned we made and the reason why she agreed on it still leaving the truth about Ette's "death." I was caught off guard when his fist landed on my face.

"HOW DARE YOU RISK HER LIFE FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS?!" He spat at me.

"She is the only human that I can trust!" I matched his tone.

"SHE COULD'VE DIED FROM THAT LITTLE ACT YOU PUT HER THROUGH!!" He tried to jab me again but I lifted him in the air using Ette's air ability.

"But she didn't! She is safe and unharmed!" I reasoned out still holding him on the air.

"Ho---ow the hell you did this?" He studied the position he is.

"One of Ette's abilities." I slowly put him down.

When he reached the surface he was in silence and just thinking what just happened a while ago. We didn't say anything after that since we are both in our own worlds. I know I still need to lower my pride because it was after all his chosen.

"I know what we did was uncalled for I admit it was a risk but that's the only choice I had. If you were in my position you will do whatever it takes to make it happen." I partially lied since Ette is really not dead.

"I'm getting your point bud. The fact she was gone for few hours I was ready to search the whole Finland and beat the person who kidnapped her and I didn't expect it was you." He sat few inches from me.

"I'm sorry I had to use Louise on my plan." I gave him a pat on the shoulder.

"Granted but if there is any more plan you are planning that involves Louise please tell me before hand." He bargained.

"I will. By the way you know she called me the moment you locked her up." I enlightened our conversation.

"She was very stubborn and don't wanna listen to me. I told her to stay home until I'm sure there is no vampire or any suspicious people lurking around her apartment." He sounded desperate.

"Do you want to know what the exact words she told me on the phone?" I shifted my gaze to him.                   

"Yes please I need to know what she thinks of me." He nodded eagerly.

"She was complaining how crazy you are by living with her and I quote... More like possessive psycho vampire." I tried to sound girly but failed.

"She really said that?" His voice came disappointed.

"Yeah. You want some advice bud? You need to woo her like human does; stop acting like a dimwit. Be the guy you are back in our College days not the nerdy part but the nice guy I used to know." I tipped him.

"I will man. Thanks." He tapped my shoulder.

"So are we cool?" I smiled standing up.

"Yeah we are but if you want an apology for the punch it won't happen. I still think you deserved it." He copied my actions.

"I need to go I still have few hours to rest before office starts." I opened the door.    

I went home and started reading the book I got it was a list of every member of the tribe including their successors in each generation. I read further through the details then decided to make copy of the video and do last minute visits. Just before I knock on his door he already opened it.

"Elder." He bowed his head and let me through.

"Apprentice sorry for coming here very late." I started.

"I don't mind Elder and I know this is urgent so what is it?" This time we are heading to his office.

"First I want to show you something." I played the video on his laptop.

"Who is that woman?" Regan inquired.

"She is Ette's secretary a human who happens to know about us and her sister was a new born." I got the video on.

"Okay." He absorbs the details fast.

"Watch the rest and tell me if you recognize any of them." I played the video again.   

"I'm sorry Elder none of them are familiar with me just Althea." He spoke after watching the video.

"That man is Althea's father also their leader I presumed you already knew her brother before I picked up the human I got this... read and see for yourself." I pointed to the book.

Since we are vampires and our reading ability is fast like an F1 car he managed to finish it in five minutes top like I did.

"I know about this last name, Saunders. How is that name even related in this?" Regan voice sounded curious.

"That's the same reaction and question I got after reading that. Now we really need Althea on our plan and know how Saunders got involved in it." I suggested.

"Yes Elder." He reluctantly agreed.

"I will be meeting her again and I want you to be there. That is your chance to tell her what we know. I will arrange the place where we can go and cannot be followed I will text you the details soon." I made my way to the front door.

"I will be waiting Elder." We bid goodbye.

Before going home I went to the only place I knew we can be safe. Since I already mastered Ette's ability I created new barriers within the Barren easily. When I was appeased with the outcome I finally went back to the penthouse.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter ;)

Thank you so much!

••••• MJ Cristine