Chapter 5 - The Wise Plan

KARLSTEN POV

I opened the door and saw a light blonde hair woman I can sense her fear and the heartbeat that's running like crazy. Good thing I'm an Elder who can control this human emotions.

"Ms. Stausen please come in." I invited her.

"Thank you Mr. Schultz." She stepped in and her jaw almost dropped.

"Can I offer you something?" I suggested.

"No thanks Mr. Schultz." She declined while shaking her head and hands.

"Make yourself comfortable Ms. Stausen I'll be back to get something." I gestured the couch.

After grabbing the letter I walked back to the living room and detect her being restless.

"Relax and stop being nervous I'm not going to bit you." I tried calming her.

"It's just that I'm not used seeing another vampire aside from Mina." She fiddled her nails.

"I understand. Don't worry I can control my blood lust if that's what you are worried about so calm your heartbeat its distracting me otherwise I wouldn't have a choice but compel you." I gave a warning eyes.

"Sorry." She lowered her head.

"Good. Do you have it?" I replied knowing she finally loosened up.

"Here it is. Mina instructed me to give this when you arrived." She handed me a white folder.

"Thank you. Anyway I want you to have this letter and read this." I showed her our certificate.

I let her be for a minute while I studied her different expressions. I guess she is also not expecting it.

"Mr. Schultz I'm sorry for prying but why do you have this? She just phoned me about your arrival and helping you with the Company." She spoke after some minutes.

"Please sit down and I'll explain about the marriage so you can follow." I stretched the word.

"I would appreciate it very much and understand easily if I know what is going on. The last time I talked to Mina she said she's going back to Germany for her lost memory. Did she successfully restore it?" She creased her eyebrows.

"Yes you're correct I will start from her real name its Minette Analise Meyers." I started while she listens carefully.

"Who gave the name she's using now?" She creased her eyebrows.

"From the vampire she trusted who turns out to be using her. To cut the story short we flew back here without anyone's knowledge to send her father back in Germany." I stopped when she interrupt.

"Then why isn't she here? The land developer already expecting her to start with the agreement they made last meeting." Her tone came unsettled.

"As of now she's at her father's place recuperating because of the big fight that happened. She needs to stay there for the time being and I'm not sure when she will be back." I need to make this up as Ette advised me.

"Wait vampires can't be hurt I'm confused is she alright?" She started to panic.

"She's a hybrid I meant partially human her vampire body can heal every wounds but her human body needs time." Nice details I got there.

"I was just wondering you mentioned blood lust can be control. Why can't Ette do the same thing?" She pried the question.

"For three years she believed in that way of feeding including the Chosen part. Her memories, emotions and humanity were down that was the reason why everything in her personality changed." I sat across her.

"No wonder why our first encounter was odd but that was in the past. She became a friend to me and to my sister." She gave a warm smile after recalling the day.

Normally any vampire will rip a throat who ever caught them feeding but I was shocked to know Ette actually let this human go. My theory... maybe she didn't totally shut her humanity down or learned to hide it just like a normal vampire should.

"Speaking of your sister there is something else I need you to tell you." I placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Anything that can help my sister then I'm up for it." She faced me this time.

"Ette finds a way to heal her without the need of your proposition but there is a consequence." I'm now standing in front of her.

"What exactly is that?" She creased her eyebrows.

"We can guarantee that she will heal but the chances of being one of us are too high." I put my hand under my chin. 

"Can I think this through?" She is now on emotional turmoil.

"By all means just tell me your decision when you're ready." I nodded in agreement.

"Question Mr. Schultz if I accept it is there a chance my sister will lose her memory just like Ette?" Her mood came out alarmed.

"No rest assured it will not happen. She only have to learn the changes and the rest is the same especially her humanity. It is the key why we don't feed directly on humans." I assured her.

"So she's still my sister after it happened?" She got cheerful in a snap.

"Don't worry she will be safe in our hands if you want your sister to heal you need to have faith in me most especially with Ette." I advised her.

"It's not that I don't trust you Mr. Schultz but I'll be more comfortable if I at least see or visit her." She voiced out her opinion.

"I understand. I'll have this discuss to the Countess and let you know." I told her.

"Thank you." Her face brightened up.

"Just call me Karl I'm sure she mentioned it in the letter." I stared at the paper she's holding.

"Yes. Call me Louise since we are in first name basis." She confirmed.

"Louise I know Ette trust you and it's only fair I do the same way but I hope this remains between us." I strictly advised her.

"You can count on it Karl my lips are sealed." She matched my gesture.

"The people will wonder if you call me other names so let's stick with Mr. Johansen. All they need to know is I'm their Boss and Mina's husband and nothing more." I corrected her.

"I agree. How old are you exactly? Sorry I'm talking too much you don't have to answer it." She curiously stated.

"I'm 631 years old." I boldly delivered.

"A... 631 yea--rs old." She repeated stuttering.

"Yes and I'm Ette's one and only Chosen." I smiled proudly.

"I wish Ette is here so I can congratulate her personally." Her sad tone can be detected.

"She would be doing the same believe me. In the meantime I have to run the Company under my supervision with your help of course." I gave a small smile.

"Absolutely! I will prepare and check if the employees are ready." She began standing up.

"Okay great idea. Thanks for the time Louise and nice meeting you." I shake her hand.

"No problem Karl same here." She head out.

Ten minutes later after fixing my tie I pressed the lift and went straight to the Main Hall.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter ;)

Thank you so much!

••••• MJ Cristine