“Thanks. Should I be worried that you looked?” Lila joked.

            “Nope. My undivided love has been given to Jace.” Missy looked around the room for a few seconds before starting to talk again. “Hey, we should go on a run sometime!”

            “Ye-” Lila was going to try and discourage Missy from getting the idea in her head. Lila wasn't ashamed of her wolf but of her birthmark. It was weird and unusually shaped like the yin and yang symbol. She'd been questioned about it before and passed it off as a fluke or a tattoo that was done to look like a birthmark.

            “Nope. We're going out on a run, me and you.” Missy smiled mischievously and Lila did not like the look of that smile. Not at all. If she'd learned anything for life this week, it would be that Missy was a trouble maker.

~ * ~

            “If you could have just grown a backbone and said something, we wouldn't be here. Suck it up.” Evangeline growled at Lila. Yes, Missy had managed to get their whole group to tag along (except Daniel because he had alpha duties) and they were standing in a forest clearing. Thankfully it didn't matter if anyone saw them shift because the town was infested with werewolves and the few humans knew that they were werewolves so it didn't really matter.

            She looked so happy! I'm surprised you didn't jump for joy, I haven't let you out in two weeks. Normally you'd be pestering me by the third day of not changing. Before the murders, Lila had shifted almost every other day. She and Justin and run a lot and trained themselves, which was why they were faster than the average werewolf.

            “You can't deny that something doesn't feel right. The same gut feeling we had which caused you to run to Alpha Darren and confess everything.” Lila let out an angry huff of breath. She didn't know what these gut feelings were, she didn't even know whether to trust them! The last time she'd trusted them she'd ended up in the middle of nowhere (and it took her around two or three hours to walk back) and then she'd confessed her sins to Darren and ended up having a breakdown in front of Papi's grave. Yeah, she didn't know whether to trust these 'feelings' or not.

            “Alright! We'll be playing hide and tag, in wolf form. Rules are that if you see someone out of their hiding place, or you find them you have to tackle them and then they're out. Got it?” Justin bellowed out, it was obvious that Justin would be Daniel's beta when he became alpha... unless Logan decided he wanted to become alpha and then they'd have to fight for the position.

            “Got it.” Everyone replied, some more enthusiastic than others.

            “Who's the seeker?” Luke shouted out.

            “Me.” Justin replied. “Alright, everyone strip.” Everyone started to strip out of their clothing and shift into their wolves as Justin ordered the command. Thankfully, no-one noticed Lila's birthmark nor did they notice how abnormally white her fur was. If anyone was to look at them all at the time, it would've been a sight. All the colours blended to make one mash of colours. It was a mixture of white, blonde, russet, grey, brown...

            “Okay, on the count of three you all have twenty seconds to hide. One... two... three... GO!” Justin told everyone, through the mind link. As soon as Justin had finished his short countdown, everyone scattered in different directions. Only a few went in the same direction but because the forest was large (they'd managed to get to the largest forest in Lockhart, right near the border lines) it meant that there were more hiding places for everyone. The good thing about this forest was that there were a mixture of scents so the seeker didn't have a problem with trying to not follow one trail of scents.