A Painful Truth

That evening, the pigs finally reached Bird Island. Nearly going blind and deaf by bright lights and music, Leonard knew this was the perfect time to steal the eggs.
Silver, meanwhile, woke up to the commotion from down below. Silver had no idea what was going on down there, but she was determined to find out.
So, when no one was looking, she snuck off the dirigible and followed the music. But she failed to notice the houses the pigs were breaking into.

Silver followed the music, until she reached some sort of party.
"Okay," Silver said, a little nervous as she observed her surroundings. "Pros: Music, food, and dancing. Cons: Birds everywhere. Well, technically, it's just one con, but still."
But Silver suddenly realized that the birds didn't look nearly as scary as Leonard had described. In fact, they almost looked like her! Still, she decided to keep her distance.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the one and only Shakira!"
"Good evening, Bird Island!" Shakira's voice rung out. Standing center stage, the golden canary removed her purple cloak, revealing her long, wavy hair. "We have quite a show for you tonight! So grab your dance partner, fluff up your feathers, and unleash your inner fiesta!"

Silver was tempted to join the party once the golden bird started singing in a language she never heard before. So, she cautiously emerged from the bushes.
"This is... nice," Silver muttered to herself. "It's just a quick visit. Might as well have some fun."
"Hi there," a small bluebird peeped to Silver. He wasn't much smaller than her and was accompanied by two other bluebirds his age.
"Hello," Silver shyly greeted with a small wave.
"I'm Jim," the first bird introduced. "These are my brothers, Jay and Jake."
"What's your name?" Jay asked.
"Silver," she nervously answered.
"What a pretty name," Jake complimented.
"Thank you," Silver replied, blushing. No one ever gave her a compliment before. "So, what's going on here?"
"It's the Summer Festival!" Jay replied. "You've never heard of the Summer Festival?"
"Not really," she answered. "Why? What's it's about?"
"It celebrates the beginning of summer!" Jim explained. "The weather gets warmer and all the eggs hatch."
"What are eggs?"
The Blues were confused. How could a bird not know what eggs are? Was Silver even a bird?
"Eggs are round and white," Jay explained, "and they have babies inside of them."
"How do the babies get out?" Silver asked. "And how do you make one?"
"They hatch," Jake answered. "But we don't know how to make one."
"Alright."

Silver, the Blues, and everyone else on Bird Island danced until midnight. Why didn't they dance later, you ask? Well, just at that moment, a woman screamed! Everybody froze, and found a familiar freckled piggy hanging from a cable right above them.
"Hi, everyone!" Ross chuckled nervously. The birds just glared at him. "Sorry to show up late, and... uninvited. But if it makes you feel any better... I was just leaving. Bye bye!"
Silver was about to tell them that it was alright. But before she could do that, Ross tugged the cable, which was tied around his waist, and was pulled up into the air, just in time to snatch Stella's egg from her arms!
"Hey!" she screamed angrily. How dare he steal her egg from her!
Confused, and a little scared, Silver flew after the pig and the egg, but not without catching the attention of the few birds who weren't as panicked as the rest of them.
"Who on Earth is that?!" exclaimed Matilda.

As she flew to the dirigible, Silver noticed Ross wasn't the only pig who managed to snatch an egg. Hundreds of pigs had the round objects the Blues told her about.
When Silver reached the dirigible, the first pig she came across was Ross.
"Hi Silver!" he greeted. "Whatcha doin' up at this hour?"
"Forgive me for answering your question with a question," Silver replied worriedly, "but, what's going on?"
"We're collecting all the eggs!" Ross replied. "When we get to The New Land, we're gonna have a big feast and eat them! Isn't it great?! Last time we took the eggs, the birds attacked us to get em back. But now that we're leaving, they'll never find us! And, of course, it's all thanks to you. So, thank you Silver!"
Silver couldn't believe what she was hearing. This whole time, Leonard lied to her? Just so she could help him steal the eggs of innocent birds?
"Silver, you don't seem very happy about this," Ross said, reaching his hand out.
"Because I'm not!" Silver replied, pushing him away. "I want nothing to do with this!"
Frightened and heartbroken, Silver flew off.
"Silver, wait!" Ross cried, about to go after her. But Leonard stopped him.
"Let her go," he ordered, taking the egg Ross held. "We have what we need."

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been feeling a little depressed lately. 😞

In other (more positive) news, Silver and Shakira aren't the only Angry Birds I'm adding that weren't in the movie. SPOILER ALERT! I'm also adding Terence's cousin Tony, and I'm starting to think about Luca. But I can't add Ruby or Ice Bird, sorry. Why not Ice Bird? He's in space, and my story's more... down-to-earth. Why not Ruby? I'm afraid she'll distract me from what's important. What's more important than Red falling in love?! He does fall in love, but it's a totally different arrangement. You'll find out soon enough.

I hope you have a good 4th of July! 🇺🇸🎆