Lesson 2 : Observation is key.

He wore thin reading glasses, having a thick book open in his lap. He removed them, and smiled. "It's nice to meet you. I imagine you know who I am." He holds out his hand and I shake it. He had such a gentle grip, his hands like velvet. "I'm Lynn. And yes. I'm a fan actually. Pleasure to work for you." He chuckles and motions to the other chair, "Please have a seat." I go over and set down my bag , sitting then folding my hands on my knees, on the edge of the chair. "Would you like tea?" He asks shutting his book and turning towards me, dusting his suit off as he shifts his weight. I shake my head, "Oh no thank you. That's kind."

He nods, "You're surprisingly young. I read your file, very impressive. Top of your class at Vanderbilt University and skilled nurse here in California. You're quite a long way from home." He says pouring himself a cup of tea that sat on the small inn table between the chairs, I nodded and watched his hands shake as he brought the  cup to his lips.

"Yes sir. I'm very surprised to be here with you, you're still performing and such. You would seem to be least in need of a home nurse and all. " he nods.

"It wasn't entirely my idea. My director Kenny Ortega notices that I get out of breath easier when I'm rehearsing so this was his doing. But It couldn't hurt I suppose but, it makes me feel like a worn out old thing." He says taking another sip.

"But enough of that business..what I need you here for is my medication. I have a bag upstairs filled with it and I need it sorted and such. I sometimes forget to take it and then my schedule is all out of place. I get back from rehearsal about ten thirty every morning so I may be asleep when you arrive here. Let me be and only wake me for medicine, if you don't mind.." He says explaining, his voice even softer in person.

I nod, "I can do that. Do you use an IV when you sleep after rehearsal anything for say pain, or maybe to fall asleep.." I ask.

"Yes. I use a dose of probofol to fall asleep. I am trying to be weened off of it but when I am unable to have probofol I use morphine, it calms my muscles and joints."

I nod and smile. "Do you have any breathing problems I should be aware of? Asthma or anything to that nature?"

He shakes his head, "Sometimes I randomly have fits of coughing though, it's usually when I'm asleep. It wakes me up and I'll drink water."

I nod. Michael clears his voice saying, "Come and I'll show you where I keep my medicine." Michael gets up surprisingly swift. He goes and turns to a large, illustrious stairwell. The railing having black art deco patterns. Michael travels up and the bottom of his jacket swished as he moved. Making me think he's losing weight alarmingly, which worried me. He goes into a huge room I thought to be another parlor but a California king bed sat to the right. Michael pulls out a small brown handbag looking satchel and I hear the rattle of pill bottles.

"So I'll pull out every thing that I need on a daily basis and I'll leave the rest to you. You can arrange it how you'd like I won't bother it." I go over to his side and he sits on the bed.

I go and pick up one bottle at a time, examining the label,  mouthing prescriptions and remembering which each is used for, some bottles read twice daily, some labels read only with food, some side affects where dizziness and some where vomiting. I grew increasingly worried. I take out my notepad from my scrubs and click the pen that clung to my collar. "May I ask you some questions about how your medications and when you'd like to take them?"

I ask and Michael nods , "Absolutely."

I start with the first bottle I pulled out, "I read on your file that your anemic, do you take your Novaferrum and Myferon with food?" I ask scribbling. Michael nods, "I'll be green and sickly otherwise."

"Okay..and the Quorioline medication I know thats for kidney problems but I didn't read about that on your file, did you have a kidney infection recently..?"

Michael shakes his head, "I had a kidney stone incident about three months ago but my doctor suggested I keep the prescription in case it flares up again.."

I nod and scribble more, "My mistake..annd lastly the Zoloft, I know this causes vomiting and dizziness, is there a certain time you need that taken, I know it's only for depression.." I ask hoping it's okay

"Usually before I sleep..don't worry about that one. Murray gives me that one." I cut my eyes over the pad to him.

"Conrad Murray?" I ask lowly, my heart sank to my stomach. Why in hell was Michael hiring a crook to take care of him. Michael nods, "Yes, He's my personal physician.."

I try to not grit my teeth and I fold my notepad back up, "I see.. It's almost noon, would you like me make you something to eat before you take your anemia medication?" He shakes his head, "No I have a personal cook that drops by at the stroke of noon. But I haven't been out of the house today. Could you walk with me outside?"

He asked like he didn't have a care in the world. Like he wanted me to join him as a friend.

"Of course. Let me arrange your medicine and I'll meet you at the door." I smile surprised. I turn to his brown bag, setting the medicine up according to times of the day to be taken, one rolls on the floor and I pick it up. I smile and raise it up so the label faces behind me, "Viagra?!" I ask calling out.

"Not mine!!" He calls from down the hall. I giggle and put the satchel back in place and head downstairs.