Lesson 1: Know Your Patient

I signed my name quickly on the paper at the bottom. The last job application I would ever have to fill out hopefully. I was lucky ever so lucky to have this job. I wanted out of that clinic and somewhere new. The patient I was assigned to lived in a mansion in Beverly hills but their identity was withheld from me. Probably a mother of a movie star. I'll scream if I'm working with Brad Pitt's 80 year old mother or something. I drove up to the gates and saw "M" on the front. "Bill Murray?...... Barry Manilow?......Martha Stuart...she's older right?....maybe " I say quiet. I parked my SUV infront and got my black, leather nursing back out of the back. The front door was eight feet tall with Gold and black embroidery work.

I ran my card through the security pass and I heard the door click to unlock. I opened it to a massive walkway into a small den. A fire was going in the middle of a day which was strange. I crept in closing the tremendous door behind me. Luxurious interior decorating surrounded me. Vases and sculptures. Whoever lived here was richer than God himself. Infront of me in the den sat two tall armchairs, facing away and towards the fireplace. As I stepped forward very lightly, a hand and wrist hung from the side of one of the chairs. It has a red woven bracelet with beads.

"Are you the homecare nurse?" The voice said lowly, obviously male.

"Yes sir..you agreed to have me here at eleven correct?"

The hand raised up and motioned me to come around, "Yes that's right."

I tip toe around to the fire place turning the corner. I'm glad I was a nurse because I could have sworn I lost a heart rate when I saw who it was. Michael Jackson.