Chapter 55 :)

Ross' POV

I ran into the only forest I knew in Puerto Rico. And hopefully, that's the one Laura got in to.

I used my right arm to support the arm that was shot.

It hurt badly... But I took a bullet for Laura. I hope she won't be that mad that I lied to her about being ok...

"Laura!" I yelled out to the woods.

The pain on my arm just kept hurting more and more. I had to stop walking every few minutes and take it in.

Then, out of nowhere, I heard a little noise and looked around.

"Ross!" Someone yelled from up high.

I looked up to see Laura on a tree.

"Laura!" I shouted happily.

I opened my arms wide as she came running to me.

"Thank goodness you found me," she said, hugging me tightly.

My arm started to hurt again.

Hold in the pain, Ross. Hold in the pain. I said to myself.

Nope. That didn't help.

"Ow!"

Laura pulled away when she heard me, "Ross, what's wrong?" She looked around, and stopped gazing when she saw my arm. Her face froze, her mouth wide open.

"Oh-Oh my gosh... Ross! What happened?!"

"I-It's nothing Laura... Really."

"No. No Ross, this is not a nothing! Your arm is bleeding! We need to get you to the hospital now! Let's go! I'll call your family," she started dragging me.

I pulled away, "Laura no... Take me to the hospital, fine. But please, don't call my family."

"But..."

"If they find out about this, I'll be forced to move back to California... I wanna finish this movie."

"What's so bad about being back in California?..." Her eyes locked onto mine, "We still have Austin & Ally... Isn't that enough for you?"

"Austin & Ally is my like my second home. It's just that... if I give up this movie, it just means I gave up my first ever chance of being in a movie."

"But you'd give it up for your own good!"

"No! It's not like that!"

"What is it not like, Ross?! I don't want you to die! I don't want you to get hurt either! And you just did!"

"I got hurt for you! You would've died, but no! You meant everything to me, that I couldn't just let that happen to you! I don't care if I get bruised, punched, shot, or killed, Laura! As long as I know you're safe, it will still feel like I was never even hurt."

I turned towards her, and saw she had her head down and a small tear fell from her eye, to the fallen leaves, "Thank you... For taking every risk for me... But, it's the other way round for me too."

"What do you mean?"

"If you were gone... Then I won't have any reason to live."

She... meant that?

"I-I never knew you felt that way..."

"Well I did... Honestly, I don't know how I'd feel if you were gone. You're everything to me, and I've always felt that way..."

I leaned in towards her, and pressed my lips against hers.

How long has she felt that way?

I feel like such a jerk for hurting her before.

-

We pulled away after a minute and smiled.

"I love you..." Laura said holding on to me, with her arms around my neck, and her head buried into my shoulder.

"I love you too... More than anything."