Chapter 14 :)

Laura's POV

I looked at the time, and saw it was 11:47... Vanessa should be home anytime soon.

Ross will be leaving tomorrow and I don't even get one day to hang out with him.

Cause of course, Maia was probably at his house and I don't even wanna see her...

Ugh, why does this have to be so hard?

I'm not even prepared to see Ross go...

-

I heard the door open up, and looked up, "Hey Vanessa!"

"Hey lil' sis!" She said as she dropped her bag on the couch and sat down.

"How's taping?" I asked.

"Exhausting!" She said as she stretched, "Today was the episode where we had to do the part where Bay gets mad at Emmett and I just... Ugh! I'm just so tired!"

I laughed, "Go to sleep! It's late."

"Why aren't you asleep?" She asked.

"I... Got a lot of things in my mind," I replied.

"Ah, the whole Ross thing, Huh?"

"Pretty much!"

"Vanessa... Do you think Ross might never come back?" I had to ask. They lady I met just got me thinking of this over and over again.

"Why would you think that?" Vanessa looked curios.

"I-I don't know... It's just, I feel like something's going to happen that'll cause him to stay there for a longer time than when he says."

"Laura, don't worry. I know Ross as much as I know Riker. And I know that he can't stay away from his family and his co-stars," she said, trying to make me feel better.

"But... He's gonna meet new co-stars there, and... He might have more fun with the ones there than with me, Raini and Calum..." I said.

Vanessa's POV

Laura didn't look like she was in a good mood at all.

If I could, I would quit my job and make sure everything's ok with her, but I can't since we need to money.

All I could do right now, is comfort her like the older sister I should be.

"Don't say that," I said sitting next to her, and hugging her by the shoulder, "Trust me, everything will be ok. Just go to sleep and get things of your mind, ok?"

She nodded and walked upstairs.

As soon as she was all the way up, I grabbed my phone and called Riker. Wait, would he even be awake at 12 AM? Whoops!

Before I could end the call, he already answered. He didn't sound like he was sleepy at all or he was woken up.

•CONVO•

Riker: Hey Nessa!

Vanessa: Hey Riker! Surprised you're not asleep yet.

Riker: Well actually, I'm kinda having problems with Ross that's keeping me awake...

Vanessa: Same... Laura's not feeling too good either.

Riker: You think they'll be ok?

Vanessa: I hope... I just finished talking to Laura and I think she's asleep. Hold on.

I walked up the stairs and peeked into her room.

Her eyes were shut, but tears were dropping out.

"Laura?"

I slowly walked over to her, but didn't hang up on Riker just yet.

I watched as she was moving side to side on her bed, shouting some things in her sleep.

She's dreaming.

"No! No please don't!"

"Ross! Come back!"

"Don't leave me!"

"Maia! Let me go!"

Riker: Is she ok?

Riker was listening, wasn't he?

Vanessa: You could hear her?

Riker: Well, yeah... She's shouting.

Vanessa: She's shouting in her sleep actually. I think she's dreaming.

Riker: I'm guessing her dream's somehow about Ross...

Vanessa: I think so too...

I leaned down and tapped Laura's shoulder.

"MAIA! LEAVE ME ALONE!"

She screamed right before she slapped me on the face.

"OW!"

She suddenly opened her eyes, "Vanessa?! Oh my gosh! I am so sorry!"

Riker: Vanessa? You ok? I heard you scream.

I heard Riker say from the line, since I accidentally hit "Loud Speaker."

"Riker?" Laura asked.

Riker: Hey... Laura...

She rushed over to me and helped me up, "Vanessa, I am so sorry! I thought you were-"

Riker: Uh, should I hang up?

"Riker, why don't you just come over?" I asked.

Riker: But... It's one AM.

"You aren't sleepy, aren't you?" I said again.

Riker: I'll be there in a few!

•Riker ends the call•

Laura's POV

I breathed in and helped Vanessa up. "A-Are you ok? I'm so sorry..."

"That's ok," she said as se got up, "I understand you we're having a bad dream."

"Bad dream?... More of a nightmare," I said to her.

Both of us suddenly heard the doorbell ring.

That had to be Riker.

"Come on, just tell me and Riker your dream," Vanessa said as she pulled me down the stairs to open the door along with her.