Chapter 12 :)

Rydel's POV

Is this really happening? Is my little brother really taking off on his own? Without his family, or friends or anything? :( Don't get me wrong! I'm proud of him... But... I'm not sure if I could just let him go this easily :(

"Laura!" Ross suddenly screamed.

"What?" I asked out of context.

"What am I gonna do?! I can't leave with things between me and Laura like this!" He complained.

"What do you mean? Don't you have time to fix things with Laura?" I suddenly started to get worried.

"No! Rydel! My flight's tomorrow and they only gave me time to think about it tonight!" He yelled.

"What?! ROSS! What are you gonna do?! I mean... You can't pass an opportunity like this, but, there's just so much to do in very little time!" I replied.

"Then... I guess I'll just have to tell Laura that I'm leaving..." He said as he looked down at the ground, "Where's Laura?"

"I just finished her hair and make up, she's probably in the dressing room. Go ahead," I said.

Ross' POV

I don't know how I'm suppose to say this. I made up my mind, and I have to go... This is my first ever movie which is my dream! But I'd never wanna leave Laura...

"Laura?" I knocked on her dressing room.

She opened the door slightly, "Oh, hey Ross."

Just before I could say anything, the director swoop behind us, "C'mon guys! It's go time! You're on in 5 minutes! Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!"

We all walked over to the set and started to film the first half of Partners & Parachutes.

-

Once we were done, the director walked up to me, "Ross, Austin & Ally won't be continued for a while."

"WHAT?! WHY?!" I suddenly said in shock.

"Well, if you're moving to Puerto Rico for 4 months, then we don't have an Austin, unless we find a replacement!" He says.

"B-But Austin & Ally is the hit Disney show! You can't cancel it! Even for just a while! What about Laura?! Who's gonna sing 'I Think About You' if I'm not there?!"

The thing is, we have a 2 days shoot. Tomorrow was suppose to be where I sang to her, but I can't do that if I'm leaving...

"Well then, I guess you have to go and tell Laura," the director says as he pats me on the back and walks away.

Laura's POV

I walked to my dressing room once we shot the first scene, just to check on my make up. Then there was a knock on the door.

"Hey Vanessa!" I said as I opened it.

"Are you ok? Were you late?" She asked.

"I was late, but they didn't do anything," I replied.

"Good! So, how are things going with Ross?" She asked as she sat on the couch.

"I didn't really wanna talk to him unless I was Ally," I said, sitting on the couch across from her.

"Laura... I think you should tell Ross how you feel," she suggests.

"W-Why would you say that?" I was suddenly confused.

"Well, um... You were certainly a lot happier with Ross... And maybe if you tell him how you feel, then, maybe he'd feel that same back and maybe, he'd stop hanging out with that Maia girl."

Why do I have the feeling that Vanessa's correct? Ugh... "What if he doesn't feel the same way?"

"You'll never know unless you try," she said with a smile.

I nodded, "I guess..."

There was soon another knock on the door.

I opened it, "Hey Ross..."

"Laura, I really need to talk to you so please don't ignore me!" He said really fast.

"It's ok... I kinda need to tell you something too," I said back.

"I'll leave you two alone," Vanessa walked out.

"Rydel's at the snack table! You can stay with her if you like!" I shouted to Vanessa.

"Ok! Thanks!" She shouted back, without turning around.

"Anyways... Come in," I said to Ross and opened the door all they way for him to go inside.

"Thanks," he walked in and sat on the couch as I shut the door.

I sat on the opposite side of him, "Ross, I kinda wanna talk to you about... Us."

"Me too..." He said.

"Ok, you first." I looked down on my lap, not really prepared on what he's about to say.

"I-I'm moving to Puerto Rico for 4 months to do a movie..."

"WHAT?!" I suddenly got up from my seat.

"Laura, please don't be mad," he said.

"I-I'm not mad... But, you're really leaving? When?..." Oh my gosh, I couldn't take this.

"T-Tomorrow," he said in a low voice.

"Ross! How could you not tell me!" I yelled.

"You were ignoring me!" He said back.

"I wouldn't have if I knew my best friend was leaving!" Tears started to fill my eyes.

"Laura... I'm really sorry... But, I kinda have more bad news..." He said in a low voice once again.

"What?"

"A-Austin & Ally will be canceled for a while..."

No. He's kidding right?

I shut my eyes, trying to take in the pain.

Ross came and walked closer to me, "I'm really sorry Laura..."

"So am I," I said.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I-I can't tell you..."

"But then, what did you wanna tell me?"

"It's nothing... Really..."

"I'll miss you..." He said.

I tried to hold back the tears, and yet I failed, "I-I'm gonna miss you too,"

I hugged him tightly, really not wanting to let go. He's really leaving. My own best friend who I won't see for 4 months.

This is the worst day ever. And- I never even got to tell him how I feel...