Chapter Three

*next day after the training*

I was just walking around in Konoha, I was going to Ichiraku Ramen; seeing if I could eat with anybody. Especially Ne- no! What am I thinking? He's must a teammate....YN, just a teammate.

**
As I enter Ichiraku, I found the biggest surprise! Gai Sensei, Neji, and Tenten were there?! "Ah, YN, come and eat with us!" Gai Sensei said. "What's going on..." I say quietly. "For doing awesome on your training, our team is getting ramen! Neji was going to get you; but you weren't home!" Tenten said. Neji?

"Sure...I'll eat some." I faintly smile. Looking for a seat, the only one available is next to...Neji. I sigh as I sit next to him.

"Hey, YN! What kind of ramen would you like?" Ichiraku asked.

I shrug, "I dunno."

Ichiraku kind of frowns, "I'll just get the usual." Usual? Oh, Naruto...

As I get my ramen served, I pick up my chopsticks and just sit them next to my bowl.

"YN, what's the matter?" Tenten asks. "Not hungry.." I mutter. Neji glances at me, "are you gonna eat your ramen?"

I look at him, and say quietly, "I said I'm not hungry."

"C'mon! It's good!" Gai Sensei yet again does the thumbs up.

I stand up and put my fists on the table. "I said I'm not hungry!" I yell.

Ichiraku, Neji, Gai, and Tenten just stare at me in shock. I slowly sit back down, "I...I apologize." I put my head down on the table as I move my ramen bowl.

I see in the corner of my eye Tenten looks at Neji, worried.

**

"Well, I'm gonna go...thanks for....lunch." I say as I get up and walk out. "No, YN, wait!" I hear Tenten say as she grabs my arm, "we're both girls, what's your problem?"

"Neji...he I overwhelming me..." I whisper.

"Neji? What is he doing to you?" Tenten said, she said it loud enough so Neji could hear. "....YN...crazy..." I heard Neji mutter from inside the shop.

"I...don't know..." I say. "What do you mean you don't know?" Tenten puts her hands on her hips. "It's just something about him, I know I've only been with this team for a short time, but there's just something about him!" I feel heat on my cheeks.

"Why don't you talk to him your-"

"No! No!" I shout, "Neji is a serious guy, he probably doesn't care, I dunno!" I yell again. I don't know what I'm saying anymore...

"I don't care about what?" Neji comes out of the shop and gets between me and Tenten. "I..."

"You say I'm overwhelming?"

"I just..you....I feel...something about you.." I feel hesitant to run away.

"Girl, is it that you like him?"

"No! No! No!" I wince at that comment.

"It's okay to tell me." Neji looks at me and smiles.

"Neji...I don't know what feeling it is, but when I'm around you, I just feel..."

"Feel what?" Neji looks curious.

"I know it hasn't been long, but you inspired me to become stronger!" I shout.

"Inspired?" Tenten and he says at the same time.

"I want to learn from you, Neji. In missions, I see you're very strong. And I want to get strong like you." I say quietly.

"You should have just told me, YN. Neji and I could teach you things!" Tenten rolls her eyes at me as she said that.

"I..."

"Sure, we will teach you in training tomorrow." Neji smiles. "Thank you Neji, you're the bes-" "a best friend." I smile as I look at Tenten, too. I don't want her to feel left out. "YN, you're my comrade, you're my friend too." Neji said as he goes back into the ramen shop.

He doesn't also inspire me..I feel something else.

Is it to early to feel..
Love?

____________________________________

It's the author, and I wanted to tell you that I apologize for everything escalating so quickly; I'm trying to make this book not to to long. But you should also say it doesn't escalate quickly, because secrets get revealed! So if you think everything happens to fast, it isn't. I hope you liked this shy YN.