Chapter 13

Reader-chan POV

My left eye twitched as I stared at what lay before me. The cell, in which Lord Barrymore had been locked up in, was now splattered blood...There was also large opening in the wall behind the bars.

"He-he's gone," stammered a flabbergasted Bard, his cigarette falling from his mouth. I heard footsteps rushing towards us. From the darkness, emerged Angela. She gasped in horror as she locked at the scene.

"Where is Lord Barrymore?"

"Help! Anyone! It's the demon hound!! He's here!!" shouted an old man's voice from the outside. My eyes flickered upwards and met Sebastian's gaze. His eyes had a mischievous sparkle in them and I internally sighed. He nodded once. That was all I need to take action.

LE TIMESKIP

We ran towards the place we had been earlier, where everyone turned on Lord Barrymore and the poor dog died. I pulled the hood of my cloak over my head as the rain poured harder over us.

As we arrived, I heard the same chant as earlier.

"The white dog is a good dog, a good dog, good..." the villagers sang in unison, as they were on their knees with their hands clasped together.

"What the bloody hell is happening?" questioned Ciel.

Bard placed his hand on a man's shoulder and shook him.

"Oy snap out of it! What are you doing?!"

Just then, lightning struck overhead, illuminating what was in front of the crowd of kneeling villagers. I gulped.

Lord Barrymore was leaning back on the stone wall, the whites of his eyes shone, and his arm was missing its hand, blood pooling around it.

"AHHH!" The servants screamed in horror. Sebastian approached the corpse and kneel down. He carefully lifted it and inspected it.

"Oh great demon hound!! Please forgive us!!" someone shouted.

Angela gasped and she passed out. Beside me, Finny rushed to help her. I eyed her limp body. Something doesn't seem right about all this. And I get the feeling she's behind the whole case, especially Lord Barrymore's death.

LINE

"Well this is unfortunate, young master," Sebastian smirked and continued. "To think after the case was closed. I'm sure you're a bit...annoyed," his gaze flickered towards Ciel, who was sitting at the head of the table in the dining room. I stood next to door, quietly listening to their conversation, and I gotta say Ciel looked pissed.

"Are you quite finished?" replied Ciel.

"How is Angela?" asked Sebastian as he turned around and looked at me.

"The servants have taken her to her bedroom," I replied in monotone. He slightly raised an eyebrow at my tone.

"I thought for certain that the hound was an illusion that was created by lord barrymore to continued to rule the village. But with him dead I need to rethink things," said Ciel.

"Well this thing isn't human at all now is it?" I asked. What if Angela is actually a demon like Sebastian? Who actually killed Lord Barrymore for all the harsh treatment towards her? All of it just for revenge...

"(y/n)?"

I looked up. "Yes?"

"Are you alright? You seem to be deep in thought," asked Sebastian, concern showing in his eyes. Well that was new. I shrugged it off and nodded.

"Yeah I'm okay," I looked away from his crimson eyes that seemed to stare into my soul.

ANOTHER LINE