The problem was her father. He disliked Rafael. But the more he talked against Rafael, the more her love for the latter intensified. She always defended him in her mind.

Rafael Valiente and Natalie Monteiro's relationship started late despite knowing their feelings for each other for years already. They just controlled their attraction for each other since they knew that Natalie's father would be against it.

Four years ago, Natalie was so distressed looking for a last-minute escort to a lavish birthday party in California. Her assigned escort got ill. She had no choice but to contact Rafael, who just started running his family's business in California.

After the party, Rafael drove Natalie back to her hotel. Before she could get out of his Lamborghini Veneno, she suddenly told him that she had never been kissed before.

Rafael's eyes grew openly amused. "Really? That is so hard to believe."

"It's true. I'm already eighteen, and I still don't know how it feels to be kissed by a man."

He stared at her and then burst out laughing.

"Oh god, you're so mean!" She rolled her eyes and pulled the door latch to get out, but he stopped her.

"No, no. Please don't go yet, Natalie. I'm sorry. I can't help myself."

"You're not supposed to laugh, it's not funny." She looked at him with sadness.

"You're right, it's not funny. In fact, you're so cute."

"Believe me, there's nothing cute about not being kissed at eighteen." She sighed, her body relaxed again.

"You just can't wait. You're so beautiful, Natalie. Any man would love to kiss you."

"Any man? Does that include you, Rafael?"

He chuckled. "I was certain that you only drank a glass of champagne, but now I'm not sure anymore."

"Silly. I'm not drunk."

"Then stop flirting with me. Your dad won't like that."

"Yeah, he won't. Knowing that we're together now would freak him out."

They both suddenly laughed, then a minute of awkward silence followed.

"Can you be honest with me?" She asked.

"Sure."

"Promise?"

He turned towards her to fully focus his attention on her. "I promise."

"I just want to know...are you attracted to me, Rafael?"

Rafael was caught off guard. He suddenly became confused. Should he tell her the truth? He should because he just promised to her.

He knew what would happen if one of them would admit his/her feelings. The sexual tension had always been so strong whenever they were together or in the same room. It was always there, vibrating, teasing, and just waiting to be released.

"Yes." He answered, then turned away from her. His eyes focused blankly at the road outside.

A warm glow of joy filled deep within her. "Aren't you going to ask me the same question?"

"No." He let out a frustrated sigh. "What's the use? We know we can't be together. Talking about this would only make us miserable."

"I've always seen you as a fighter, Rafael. Tough and fearless. Why can't you fight for what you feel?"

"You know why? Because what I feel for you is not just a simple childish attraction. God knows since when it started, but I know damn well that I've been loving you for too long. I love you! Do you hear me? I love you so much that it hurts watching you from a distance when all I want is to touch you, feel you, and kiss you."

Natalie was so shocked that she could not utter a word. She just continued to stare at him.

Ever since she was a teenager, she dreamed of kissing Rafael, hugging him, and even making love with him. She dreamed of them getting married. He was her prince, and she was his princess. Hearing him say he loved her was a dream come true.

When she did not answer, he hissed. His face was a mask of anger as he leaned over her to open the door latch at her side and said.

"This conversation is getting us nowhere. You have to go now, it's getting late."

The feel of the heat of his body and the smell of his perfume brought exciting sensations to the pit of her stomach. Her heart lurched madly, and her senses spun at his nearness. She could not bear it anymore, her body was aching to be in his arms.

Her hands reached out and held his shoulders, stopping him from moving away. She could feel his muscles tense as he held her eyes.

"No, Natalie. This is not a good idea."

"I love you, Rafael. I love you so much." A sob broke her voice.

"Oh god, Natalie." His mouth captured hers immediately, kissing her with intense passion. His hands slipped up her arms, bringing her closer to him.

They were on fire. All that mattered to them was to sate their burning desire for each other. Their tongue duelled, exploring and tasting each other. They were so wild and thirsty for each other. Just like a fever that only each other could quench.

Rafael ran his tongue on her throat as his hand slipped above her off-shouldered blue dress. His hand got stuck and could barely move.

"I'm sorry. How do you undo this?" He asked, confused as to where the zip was.

"In here." She giggled and unzipped the side of her dress, releasing her pushed up breasts.

Rafael feasted his eyes on the twin peaks before caressing them with his hands and suckling them with his greedy mouth.

"Oh...Rafael, that is so good." She bit her lower lip, keeping herself from screaming as he continued to flick her swollen nipple faster with the tip of his tongue.

"Let me taste you, Natalie." He was breathing raggedly as he eyed her with desperate longing. "I'm dying to taste you."

"How?" She asked innocently and only got what he meant when his hand creeped inside her inner thigh.

She was so wet, and she could not wait for him to touch her.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Natalie's phone rang. Oh shit!

Rafael let her go as she took her phone from her party handbag.

"Natalie, are you at the hotel already?"

"Yeah, I'm here, Mom."

"How's the party? Did you have a great time?"

"Yeah, of course. It's awesome."

"How's Evan? Did he bring you home?"

"Yeah...yeah."

"Good. By the way, do you remember that bracelet I want you to check at..."

Her mom talked for five minutes before she hung up. More than enough time for Rafael to recover and realize their stupidity.

"We can't do this, Natalie. We have to fight what we feel for each other. We have already proven that we're dynamite together. We're lucky that your mom called, or else I could have taken you here in the car." He said curtly.

"What do you mean? Are you suggesting forgetting what just happened?"

"Yeah, forget that we kissed."

"Are you crazy? How can I forget? We did more than kissing."

He hissed and directed his eyes on her. "For god's sake, this is not going to be easy for me, too! It would haunt me every time I see you."

"Why do we have to suffer? We love each other. Can't we fight for our love?"

"No, Natalie. We're not Romeo and Juliet, they don't even exist. So stop fantasizing about fighting for love because I won't be there to join you."

"That's so cold! It just proves that you're a big coward." She opened the car door instantly and slammed it shut, not waiting for Rafael's response.

Natalie cried that night. She got her first kiss and yet, she ended up brokenhearted.