I nod my head eagerly at her and laugh before kneeling down to pick up the bag and hand it back to her. "Come on," I say and get back up after brushing my hands onto my knees. My hand slips into Nafisah's little covered hands as we walk outside the School grounds. "You can say hi to-"
"I can't wait to see Uncle Walid!" She cries and uses her other hand to hold my arm. She leans into my side and tightens her grip onto it before taking in a deep breath. "He always gives me sweets and he is so so nice!"

I laugh. "Shush! He's my Uncle Walid!"

"Ew!" She suddenly cries and sticks out her blue tongue. She's already been munching on treats as per usual. I wonder how she is sneaky enough not to get caught in the act by her teachers. Unless she's one of their favourites and let's her off. I doubt it. "No! How can your boss be your Uncle?!"

"Why not?" I reply and roll my eyes playfully.

"Because!" She whines as she drags out her words in order to grab thinking time. My sister isn't exactly the best person at sharing however with a little bit of persuasion, I am an exception.

"Because what?" I mimick her tiny voice as we cross the zebra crossing on the busy road.

"Just...because!" She cries and erupts into a fit of giggles as we walk through the dark streets. Our feet splash against the thin layer of rain on the ground as we walk.

The rain seriously messes up the day, not to mention my mood.

"Okay, okay!" I blow out a puff of air.

"Uncle-I mean, my boss is your uncle and not mine!"

"Yes!" She whispers in success and she lets go of my hand before running down the street. At this point in the journey she knew her way towards the building.

"Nafisah!" I yell and chase after her. Honestly, she drives me insane when she runs away without giving me a heads up. Why are kids like this?!

Nafisah turns to look back at me and she smiles sheepishly before waving her hand for me to get closer.
I scowl as I walk faster towards her with my best angry expression written on my face.  "Don't run away! You stay with me at all times!"

She lowers her head in embarrassment and begins to fiddles with her bag. Her fingers play with the handle of the bag, scratching the back of her nail onto the blue material. "Sorry, Alvin." She whispers. I grab her hand, ignoring her apology and lead her into the old building.

As soon as we step into my workplace, the warm air hits my flushed cheeks and I kneel down to reach Nafisah's level before unzipping her coat and taking off her beanie, causing her hair to fly up in every direction due to the static. Her eyes don't meet mine as she chews on her bottom lip. I watch as she fiddles with her hair and quickly glances up at me. Her hazel eyes are full of regret and she instantly looks back down to the floor, averting her eyes away from mine.

"If that happens again then no more work for you." I say quietly as I pass the receptionist and head up the stairs with Nafisah's hand in mine.

I reach the first floor and instantly head towards Uncle Walid's room. I can never start my day without seeing him first seen as he is more or less my 'second Dad' and he has been ever since the age of eleven. I used to always tease Dad and tell him that Uncle Walid is better than him however Dad would then threaten me by saying "Tell Uncle Walid to buy you that new Matte lipstick then." before crossing his arms across his chest and pouting dramatically.

I smile at the memory and sigh quietly. Isn't it weird to think you will never get that moment back? Those beautiful moments that you shared? How I wish I would have cherished it much more than I actually bothered to. What an idiot I was. What an idiot I am.
My chest tightens a little and I slowly breathe out through my nose before shaking my head at the thought as if it would just get rid of the regret.