I could hear Serena's sharp intake of breath, "Nico, he didn't have—let's say.... Good parents. Most of his scars came from his step-father, he would.... hit Severus. We found him at his school when he was nine. We sensed he was a demigod, so we followed him home. We watched his father beat him for using accidental magic-ways of beating that shouldn't be inflicted on children. We took him away and stuck his father in Tartarus." She grimaced.

  I continued where she left off. "We took him to Camp Half-Blood and got him healed, then he was claimed by Hecate. About a couple of years later, he disappeared after getting a letter from an owl. We searched for years and finally found him in his seventh-year at Hogwarts, we saw Sirius Black as his half-brother, and took him to New Rome. Sirius is a son of Trivia, Hecate's Roman form."

   Serena grinned. "And that annoys Sev to no end. They were practically each other's worst enemies before they found out they were related. Sirius and his friends James, Peter, and Remus bullied Severus a lot."

  Nico looked at us as if he didn't understand. For the record, I wasn't entirely sure that he did.

  "You say that like it's no big deal."

  Serena and I stared at him. "We've been hunted down since birth and we've been saving the world since we were ten!" We cried, in unison, just to freak him out.

  Nico said, "You guys will never cease to amaze me."

  I rolled my eyes, "We saved the world from a vampire outbreak and managed to get the vampires to sign a treaty with Lady Artemis. Together they forced the werewolves into hiding!"

  "Wait," Nico looked puzzled. "What was Severus's step-father's punishment?"

  I tucked my wand behind my ear. "We sentence what he did to Severus, to him. Whips, burns, the works."

  "You make it sound so simple," A voice drawled from behind us.

We whirled around, "Severus, nice of you to join us." Serena said.

  Severus sneered, "Who gave you permission to tell Nico of what happened?"

  "No one," Serena said, not intimidated in the least. "We wanted to let him understand more about you."

  "Well, don't tell any more people about it!" He snapped, "I don't want any sympathy!"

  "Sev," I put my hand on his shoulder. "Perhaps we should tell you about why we became Hunters." I exchanged glances with my sister. I used Legitimacy to speak with her. Do we tell them?

  Yes, just leave out the grisly details.

  I blinked innocently. What grisly details? The ones where we had to kill countless challengers or the ones with the turning?

  She huffed. The ones about torture and all that stuff.

  I shrugged, Whatever.

  I cleared my throat, "The story begins in the year four-thirty-three B.C. We were ten and we were babysitting our little sister, Lili. She wandered off and disappeared, we searched everywhere for her, finally finding her-what remained of her half-eaten body. Her killer was a vampire, we went home, teary-eyed, and told our mother and step-father of what happened-our mother was a witch and our step-father, a muggle. They immediately blamed us and left us to fend for ourselves in the wild, at the age of ten! We disowned them, for accusing us so. Serena decided we should get our revenge on the vampire for Lili's death, so we went to look for the killer. All the evidence we had, was a drop of blue blood, that meant the killer was vampire royalty or their leader—The Keira—it put a since in our plans for revenge, but we managed to sneak inside-"