28~ Wanderlust Curse

I inhale deeply. I pull my hat down a little bit more and push open the doors of the hospital ward, going the opposite way that Monty went. 

I need to blend in. I need to blend in. 

I slow my pace, walking in a more casual way. I turn left, then right and stumble upon a group of guards carrying trays of food.

"You." One of them, obviously the leader says my way. "Take this," He hands me the tray he was holding. "And follow him." He nods towards another guard that has his back towards me. I nod and walk, keeping my distance from the guard. 

I follow the mystery guard all the way down the hallway and towards rooms with white doors, reminding me of when I woke up here. Actually, it was the exact hallway. The door in front of me has a glass circular window just above it. The guard turns towards it and reaches into his pocket to get his key. A slight reflection in the window throws me off. 

"Bellamy?" I gasp. The guard in front of me stiffens, his back straightens and he turns. 

"Tatum?" Bellamy whispers. "Thank God." His eyebrows furrow and his eyes gloss over, right before he closes them in relief.

I look at him in confusion. 

"They said you disappeared." Bellamy mumbles.

"Who's they?" I ask.

"Clarke and Raven." Bellamy answers his eyes warming. "I thought you were dead." 

"You thought I was dead?" I question. "I thought you were dead. That's the reason I left." My eyes gloss over. "You should've never come alone. I should've never let you leave." I mumble.

"Hey, hey." Bellamy reaches out and caresses my face. "It's okay. I'm right here."

I nod, my face almost automatically leaning into his hand, feeling his warm and muscular hand against my soft face. I reach up with my hand and cover his. "I was a wreck without you." I mumble. "Don't ever leave me again."

"I won't." He says. "Ever."

I close my eyes and tighten my grip on his hand. "We need to get our people out of here." I say, my eyes not opening.

"I know." He says, his hand dropping from my face. "I have a plan."

"What is it?" I ask. 

"We don't have enough time. Jasper said Dante's on our side." He says, turning back around to the door. Bellamy's head turns up and he turns back around, slamming his lips into mine. My hand flies up to his face and I immediately kiss back, my lips desperate for his. He pulls back almost just as fast as he had leaned in. "Let's do this." He nods. "Together."

"Together." I nod. 

He swipes the key card in the lock and the door swings open. 

"Your evening meal, sir." Bellamy says, placing his tray down on Dante's bed, I follow his actions. 

Dante nods and walks over to a little desk in the corner of his room. He reaches over to a tiny white radio and turns the dial to the right, the music filling up the room. 

"Who are you?" Dante asks, his eyes shifting between us. 

Bellamy glances over at me, knowing I can't answer, due to the fact that I'm supposed to be a guard and my voice is a lot higher than a usual guard and Dante's met me before. "Jasper sent us." Bellamy answers. "We need your help."

I feel the sudden need to interject, Bellamy being to nice about the situation. "Your son is killing our friends."

Dante's eyes dart to me. "Ahhh." He smiles. "Tatum." He folds his hands together. "Nice to see you again."

"Screw you." I bite back. "I'm not here to make friends, Dante."

Dante's smile turns to somewhat of a smirk.  "I'm a prisoner, same as them."

I step forward, making Dante slightly uncomfortable which was my goal. "A prisoner who knows every inch of this mountain, every security measure."

Dante's eyes turn hard and his upper lip rises, "Who's helping you?"

"That's not important right now." Bellamy growls.

Dante rolls his eyes and walks away from me and over to his canvas he was working on when we entered. "When Clarke and Tatum escaped, I had all exits fortified and put under surveillance." He swallows hard. "My son has no doubt changed all access and entrance codes by now." His face goes emotionless. "Your friends will never even make it off of level five."

"I won't let them die here." Bellamy says harshly. 

"I'm sorry. I can't help them escape." Dante picks up his paintbrush. "But I may be able to buy them some time."

***

"So you can talk to Raven?" I whisper to Bellamy as we walk together through the hallways of Mount Weather, keeping our gazes straight, acting like guards. 

"Yep." Bellamy smiles. "She can hear you right now."

"Hey Raven." I whisper. 

Bellamy pauses for a second, "She said she's very pissed at you for disappearing like you did. You scared her."

"Tell her I'm sorry." I smile.

"She's very sorry, Raven." Bellamy says. "What's the plan?" Bellamy asks, I slightly wasn't sure whether he was asking me or Raven. He then looks at me, expecting an answer. 

"Oh," I giggle lightly. "I thought you were talking to Raven." My face turns serious again. "We need to get to the control room...but our friends can't be alone. They need at least one of us."

"You're suggesting we split up." Bellamy says, his voice dropping. 

"I think it's our only option." I sigh. "Dante said he could buy us some time. If I can get to our people, I could get try and get them out, Bellamy. I've done it before."

"You did it with one other person." Bellamy says, his eyes still staring straight forward. "Not 48."

"I can do it." I say, my voice stiff. "Or at least I can help them survive longer." I sigh. 

"I don't want to split up." Bellamy growls.

"You think I do?" I whisper. "I came all the way here because I thought you were fucking dead. Why would I want to split up now if we didn't have to. We need to get in the control room, but we also need to protect them, Bellamy."

Bellamy balls his hands into fists, seeming to be debating with himself. "I hate you for this, you know that right."

I smile slightly. "I know, Bell."

We pass by a set of elevators. "I need to get on." I sigh.

Bellamy stops and looks over at me for the first time since we've been walking.

"I love you, Tatum." He says. "And I'm not living on this Earth without you, you hear me." 

"What are you saying?" I furrow my eyebrows. 

"If you die, I'm dying with you."

"No, Bellamy. If I die I need to know you live."

"I'm not living without you." He answers.

"I better not die then." I smirk.

"You better not die then." He says mirroring my smirk, and with that he turns and walks out of sight.