10~ Parking Garage

Bellamy shuffles inside the door Octavia found, sets me on the ground, and slams the door shut, locking it securely. I  press the palm of my hand to my forehead and take a few deep breaths. No matter how many times I see people die, it never gets easier. Watching their soul leave their lifeless body-

No, Tatum, don't do that. 

I wipe the tears from my cheeks and grabs the walls to help me stand up. 

"No no, Tatum, your ankle. You need to stay seated." Bellamy says, grabbing my arm and lifting upwards, taking some of the weight off of my ankle.

"I'm fine, Bellamy." I say, yanking my arm away from him. "I'm fine." I repeat, even after I wince in pain from putting pressure on my ankle.

"What is this place?" One of the Sergeants asks.

I look around at the wide open, enclosed area we're standing in. Cars are parked all along the outside. "A garage?" I ask.

"More like a tomb." Octavia mumbles.

"Okay, we need a game plan." I say, completely ignoring the searing pain running through my leg and walking over to everyone. "We need to find an entrance to Mount Weather."

"We need to split up." Octavia suggests.

"Okay, we split up and meet back here in 15." I say.

The Sergeants nod and take off, going to the left of the garage. Bellamy, Octavia and I go to the right.

"Tatum, are you sure your ankle-" Bellamy begins.

"Bellamy!" I yell harshly. "I told you, I'm fine."

Bellamy rolls his eyes and adjusts his gun that he has on his shoulder.

We continue walking through the garage, inspecting the different cars. Octavia was very impressed with one of the Ford trucks that was down there. 

"I don't think we're going to find anything down here." I say after a while of walking around.

"It doesn't hurt to try." Bellamy snaps. 

Blood curdling screams fill our ears from the opposite side of the garage. I look at Bellamy, eyes full of panic, before taking off in the direction the Sergeants went. 

The screams become louder as we approach the area. Bellamy grabs my arm and stops me, slamming my back against a wall with his and Octavia's. Bellamy brings a finger to his lips, telling me to be quiet. 

Distant whispers and shouts fill my ears and I immediately recognize the sound. My face pales and I look over at the Blake siblings.

"What is it?" Octavia asks.

"Reapers." I reply.

Bellamy releases his grasp on my arm and instead places his arm in front of me, pushing me back a few steps. He cocks his gun and steps out from behind the wall. His actions show that he wants Octavia and I to stay back, but God knows that ain't happening. I cock my gun loudly and step out from behind the wall, right next to Octavia. 

"What're you doing?" Bellamy asks.

I smile. "You really think I was gonna let you do this alone?"

And with my words, Octavia steps out, drawing her swords from her back. The sight before us, on any other day, would have made me puke on the spot. But right now I'm determined. Two Reapers are bent over the two dead Sergeants, feasting on their bodies.

Bellamy shoots down one of the Reapers, while I take the other one. Cocking and shooting my gun repeatedly. The Reaper finally falls dead over the Sergeants' body.

Suddenly a third Reaper runs out from behind a car, heading straight for us. Bellamy cocks his gun and is about to shoot when...

"No! Don't shoot!" Octavia screams. "It's Lincoln!"

And that's when I recognize the burly, dark skinned man running towards us. It was the one we tortured to the point of almost death not too long ago.

"Lincoln." Octavia tries calling out to him. "Lincoln, it's me, Octavia."

Octavia calling out to him seems to have the opposite affect of what we thought would happen. Lincoln grabs Octavia's shoulder and slams her to the ground. Lincoln's now on top of her, ready to kill.

"O!" Bellamy yells.

I lift my gun and look through the sight. 

"There's too much movement!" I yell at Bellamy, "I can't get a clear shot."

Bellamy finally finds a clear shot and shoots him in the leg. Bellamy runs forward and hits Lincoln upside the head with the back of his gun, knocking him out. I run over and help Octavia up before Bellamy grabs my arm and starts fleeing.

***

"He's a Reaper?" Octavia gasps, still panting hard from our run. Octavia, Bellamy and I sit in the back of an old SUV. "How is it even possible?"

The car goes silent as Bellamy and I look for things to say to her, things to comfort her.

"He just looked right through me." 

"We'll get him back, O, I promise." Bellamy says, promising the one thing he probably wouldn't be able to do.

After a while, I get sick of sitting in this car. "We need to get out of here. The fog has surely passed by now."

"How? Lincoln's roaming around here, ready to kill us at any second." Octavia says.

"I have a plan." Bellamy says.

***

"Ok. Draw him in." I look at Octavia. "We'll do the rest." 

Octavia nods and steps out from behind the car we are all huddled behind. 

"Lincoln!" Octavia calls out to the Reaper. "Can you hear me?" Octavia asks as Lincoln draws in on her.

Bellamy and I begin running towards the dead Sergeants lying on the ground. Bellamy turns the largest one over and grabs the shock baton. He looks up at me and nods his head. I nod mine and run forward. 

"Hey Lincoln!" I yell. "Over here you blood sucker!" 

Lincoln's focus is now on me and off of Octavia. He runs forward to me and I jump up, hitting him upside the head with the back of my gun. Lincoln falls to the ground on his stomach and I step on his back, holding him down, while grabbing both of his arms and holding them behind his back. Bellamy comes up from behind me and shocks him till his body goes limp.

"Now what?" Octavia asks as I drop Lincoln's arms.

"We take him home." Bellamy answers.