chapter seven

Plans

*Jack's POV*

But I was wrong.

~~~~~

*Your POV*

It was the end of senior year. We were finally graduating.

Of course, there was prom too. I was reluctant to go at first because I thought no one would ask me to go with them. But Jack, Brandon and Candice would not stop persuading me into going.

"Come on, (Y/N)! It'll be fun! All four of us have to go together!"

"Yeah! We can't just leave you out like that."

"But... Would anyone actually ask me out?"

"Of course, (Y/N)! Hey, don't you know most of the boys in our year actually find you attractive?" Candice whispered the last part quietly and winked. I felt my face heat up instantly. I playfully nudged her shoulder and looked down at my feet awkwardly.

"On account of being my best friend?" Jack placed his hand on my shoulder. I glanced at him.

"Okay then..." I looked down and nodded slowly.

"Great! We'll discuss about it soon!" Then she left with Brandon.

"So um, (Y/N)?" Jack asked. I looked up at him and raised an eyebrow. "Do you want to go to my place today? We can play video games."

"Sure! Right after school?" He nodded. "See you later!"

"See you."

After that, we left for our classes. While taking my books from my locker, this boy from my English class asked me to have lunch with me.

His name was Jordan. I didn't know him that well, although he sat right behind me in class, but he was pretty cute, honestly. He had dirty blonde hair, green eyes, and was quite tall.

"So, we're going to a restaurant to eat. It's not very far from here, so we can just walk, I guess. And, uh, meet at my locker right after school?" he said.

"Okay!" I agreed, not thinking about what he was going to do. I just sent a text to Jack about it.

You
Hey, Jack. I'm gonna have lunch with that Jordan guy (from English) first okay? I'll go to your place right after we have lunch :) x

After school, I packed my things before meeting Jordan. I saw him leaning against his locker, back facing me, and texting on his phone. I tapped his shoulder and smiled. He turned around to face me.

"Sorry for making you wait."

"It's alright, I just arrived." I nodded.

"So... Let's go?"

"Um, sorry but uh, wait a bit, alright..." He started typing on his phone. He stopped after a while and smiled. "Okay, let's go!"

~~~~~

*Jack's POV*

On the way to my first class, I felt my phone buzz. It was a text from (Y/N). I read it quickly.

Oh.

Does that mean that Jordan or something guy from whatever class he was in actually meant more than me?

She put him before me?

She would rather change plans with me than him?

I felt the jealousy grow. But of course, I was not going to show it. It would probably ruin our friendship.

You
Okay. Don't take too long! :) x

I angrily shoved my phone into my pocket. He'd better not ruin my plans.

~~~~~

I walked out of my last class of the day and saw (Y/N) talking to that Jordan. Then, they left together, laughing and smiling.

I held myself back from being blinded by all the jealousy. I felt like grabbing him by his collar and just throw a punch to his face. He'd better be nice to (Y/N).

(A/N)
HELLO PEOPLE HERE'S AN UPDATE FOR Y'ALL
I'm so sorry it's so short and for being away for like a billion years omg.

*Actually doesn't know how the prom thing works but welp*

And sorry for so many switching of POVs ok
And the weird title lol

Also, I might edit some other stuff if I'm not happy with it too :P

And there are so many made-up characters I feel like my brain is going to explode.

Anyway, hope y'all enjoyed it!

Thank you so much for reading! :)
~paka <3