[15]

"What a nice morning," he spoke to himself, in which he earned a few looks and stares from people.

Sasaki Haise made his way through the streets and went out to buy his coffee, which he does every single morning before going straight to the office.

Opening the door to :re, he greeted the familiar faces with a huge smile. He'd been visiting this cafe ever since he tasted their delicious beverage.

It tastes so heavenly that he literally cried.

"Sasaki-kun?"

"[Name]?" He smiled, spotting the said woman standing in line infront of the counter. "You're here too."

"Yeah, I'm about to go to the office." She started, "But I wanna buy coffee first so yeah." She explained.

Haise watched as [Name] takes her order, which consists of two cups of brown coffee. He frowned, "Are you with someone?"

"Now I am," she casually stated, grinning ear to ear. "Come, join me."

She's asking you to come--join her.

"But you're with a friend."

"Don't be silly. I know you always go here," she smiled as she puts the cups down a table near the counter.

Sasaki gulped nervously. He cautiously sat across [Name] and he felt his cheeks heating up.

It really feels different when it was the girl who initiates.

"What are you so nervous about? You look exactly like the Haise I first met." She giggled.

"[Name]-chan, I know I sound pretty stupid back then but I've improved a lot you know!" He exclaimed, flushing in embarassment.

He was fully aware that he was a mess back then, back when he was too nervous to talk to [Name].

But at least, he gained lots of confidence.

"You're really cute."

Her giggle echoed through the entire room, and it was filled with silence after that "angelic" sound, based on what Haise would call it.

"[N-Name]-chan, c-can I ask you something?"
"I mean, t-this is k-kind of random.."
"But if you don't want to i-it's alright--"

"What is it?" She cut him off, eyes fixed on his blushing face.

"U-Uhm.. w-what.. What qualities are y-you looking for in a guy?" He smiled awkwardly, sweat falling from his temples.

This is so cliché.

Silence filled the air and the two stared at each other for a while. Until [Name] laughed,

"I like cute guys."

And on that day, Sasaki Haise received a grim reminder. He lived in fear of cute guys stealing [Name] away from him.