Stormy Night Part 2

Reaching into the jar, Whiz pulled out the first character and started the story. "Once upon a time there was a pair of twin princesses. They were lovely girls as beautiful as a finely tuned racecar. However, they were not happy. They had been struck with a curse. The curse made it so only one princess was present at a time. Princess Juniper was who most people knew. She ruled the day. Princess Nocturna appeared at dusk and vanished at dawn."

Odds interrupted. "Princess Juniper? I am no twin!"

Whiz looked over at her. "What are you getting so excited about? It is just a story. Besides you are a Gemini. I figured it out from your birthday. That is the twins."

Odds scowled. "You didn't have to use my name, though. Why couldn't you use another? Then you put me under a curse as well?"

Mrs. Betts interjected. "If Juniper doesn't want her name used, please pick another one."

The children burst into an uproar. Odds heard many people trying to convince her to let her name stay. Odds looked at Whiz's piteous expression and relented.

"Fine." Odds said to cheering.

Whiz continued the story. "One day the cursed princess was in court and she was visited by..."

Whiz handed the story over to a boy sitting next to her. Reaching into the jar he continued. "a pair of wrestlers. They had traveled the land and were seeking a great wrestling competition. However they needed directions to where the match was going to be so they stopped into the palace. Princess Juniper was the first person they met. The two wrestlers had taken the stage names of Heavyweight and Wire."

The children giggled at the introduction of the wrestlers. Heavyweight definitely looked the part of a wrestler, but Wire was extremely thin even though he was one of the strongest children there. Calling the children back to the story, the boy continued.

"After learning where to go, one of the wrestlers remembered something. He told Princess Juniper that there was a ..."

He handed the jar over to Will. "skeleton in the dark and forbidding forest. It was lying on the side of the path and hadn't been there long. The wrestlers thought that it might have been left by..."

Hot Shot took the jar and reached inside. "the black guards of the dark and forbidding forest. They were rumored to attack those who strayed into the forest. The forest had its own way of reducing the bodies they left behind them to bones. Princess Juniper was worried. Something had to be done about the guards. She decided to send ..."

"for the queen, Her Majesty." Said Abigail, gales of laughter burst out from the other children.

"That is stereotyping!" Her Majesty yelled.

"If the shoe fits." Abigail said. "Anyways, Queen Her Majesty decided that something needed to be done. She called for..."

"a bounty on the legendary hairy beast of the dark and forbidding forest. The hairy beast was said to be so fearsome that it prevented those who wished to capture the black guards from entering the forest. It was decided she would need a..." A little girl said before passing the jar.

"counsel formed by people from outside the kingdom. Queen Her Majesty summoned all the visitors to the palace for advice. The visitors suggested many different things from sending an army to the dark and forbidding forest to hiring..." Too Too said before passing the jar to herself.

The second Too Too took the jar and continued. "the Hero. The Hero was rumored to be in the village surrounding the castle. The Hero went only by the name of Prince and was highly skilled in all forms of combat. The queen immediately sent for the Hero."

Several of the children were chuckling as Prince puffed out his chest and pretended to be a powerful hero. "When the Hero arrived, Princess Juniper shyly watched from the shadows. After hearing what Queen Her Majesty required, he answered that he was going to need help. The first person he needed..."

Dead End took the jar and smiled after reading the character he drew. "The old man. Old John Jacobsen was no longer spry but his knowledge and wisdom was required for navigating the dangers of the dark and forbidding wood. Old man Jacobsen accepted the request. He had been in the room, since he was an adviser to the queen."

Laughter filled the room as John pretended to be indignant at being called an old man. "Old man Jacobsen then stepped forward and advised the Hero, Prince to..."

"add the priest to the company. Priest Hypno was versed in dealing with evil creatures and spirits. Priest Hypno would be needed to bless the dark and forbidding woods. The Hero, Prince then decided the next step was..." A boy passed the story on.

"To seek the aid of the mercenary band called the Wanderers. The Wanderers were said to each have an unusual talent or ability. They had a reputation of taking on the worst problems and looked for new and unusual challenges. The leader of the Wanderers was known as..."

Odds took the jar from the girl and continued. "the invalid."

Author's note:  the contest that this is for has two parts.  One is to use a minimum of three characters from this chart that Skyizblue found and the second is to tell how the Grand canyon was formed.  How did I get this story from that?  Well I will tell you more on the next part.  Be sure to vote and comment.