Chapter 28: Hostage

CLARKE

Darkness. That's all I could see. Well actually, I couldn't see anything. I could barely even open my eyes.

It felt like I had a blindfold over my eyes, (I probably did). I tried moving my hands but they were roughly tied behind my back with a rope that was digging into my skin. I was sitting on something, most likely a chair. Where the fuck am I?

Suddenly I heard a door open and footsteps. I whipped my head in the direction of the noise as it got closer and closer. I started to fidget. 'I'm a hostage, I'm a hostage, I'm a hostage.' I kept repeating those words in my head, knowing the truth.

The blindfold was taken off my face and a bright light blinded me from seeing anything. Once my eyes had adjusted to the brightness of the light I could make out 3 distinct figures in the room I was in. Two men were by the door, standing up straight with an angry expression plastered on their pathetic faces. The other figure was standing right in front of me. It wasn't the driver of the car and it wasn't Finn, because he was shot and killed. Damn, I couldn't shake the brutal scene.

A gun to Bellamy's chest as he looked at the car repeatedly. He looked so sad and angry and aggressive. He looked like he wanted to kill someone. And then it all happened too fast. A loud gunshot rung out and I was so scared that Finn had shot Bellamy. But someone had come up from behind Bellamy and shot Finn. The driver started the car and drove off as fast as a jack rabbit. As he drove away I could see Bellamy chase after the car for a moment before the guy grabbed his attention. I really hoped that Bellamy was alright.

He probably wasn't. He probably blamed this all on himself and he probably felt so terrible right now. I missed him.

"Happy that you could join us on such short notice Miss Griffin, or should I call you Mrs. Blake." The figure spoke slowly, almost like he was talking to a child. The guards at the door snickered at his remark.

"Fuck you." I shot them an eye before looking back at the figure standing before me. To be honest I was angry more than I was scared. What gave them the right to fucking kidnap me? And in broad daylight? Wtf?

"Attitude is not needed Griffin." He walked closer to me and I tried to back up but obviously I couldn't because I was tied to a goddamn chair.

"I'm Nigel Jarth." He bent down so he was at my eye level.

"N.J?" I quietly questioned.

"Congratulations, you figured it out." He stood up and looked down at me while fixing his shirt collar, "I knew you could use that big brain of yours."

"What do you want?!" I snarled at him. My patience was all but through, and I was not in the mood to play games with him.

"All I want is Bellamy Blake. Now, if you'd ever be so kind as to tell me where I might find him?"

"I'm not saying shit." I looked at him straight in the eyes and straightened my posture as much as possible to tell him that I wasn't fucking around. Nigel didn't seem to take offence to my profanity. He just stood there looking at me like I was piece of meat.

"You mean a lot to Mr. Blake, correct?" My eyes adverted his gaze at all costs.

"No actually I don't. He said he didn't care for me." It hurt more than you think.

"I think you're lying, because Bellamy was pretty driven into getting you back." He took out his phone and did something that I couldn't see.

"Do you see this Miss Griffin?" He shoved the phone in my face with a picture of Finns body lying on the ground, all bloody, and dead. I wondered how he even got the picture since he wasn't even there, "that's what happened to Finn. I think that you mean quite a lot to Bellamy."