Chapter 16: Morning

CLARKE

I opened up my eyes slowly, adjusting to the darkness. We were still in the jeep and it was around 5:00am in the morning.

I was about to rub my eyes with my hands but I felt something heavy on them. I took a peek at what it might be and saw that Bellamy was holding hands with me.

Bellamy's eyes were on the road so he didn't see me blush and smile. I was gonna play a little game with him.

I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep. "Bellamy..." I said quietly; trying to make it seem as if I was talking in my sleep.

"Clarke?" He questioned softly. He quickly but gently let go of my hand. "Clarke are you awake?"

I opened up my one eye to sneak a peek. He looked worried but it was kinda funny.

I closed my eye and sat in silence for a moment.

I pretended to wake up. I yawned and stretched my arm out. I was trying not to seem fake but it was kinda hard not to laugh.

He chuckled lightly, "Morning princess."

"Morning," I yawned again, causing him to yawn. "Mr sleepy head." I rubbed my eyes with my now free hands.

"You're the one who made me yawn."

I nodded my head in a sarcastic agreement. "So how much farther?"

"We'll be there soon. Since it will take a little while do you wanna play a game?"
He glanced at me.

"A game? You mean like games three year olds play?" I giggled.

"No, it's just something to take away our boredom."

"Sure I guess."

"Don't sound too enthusiastic princess, you're scaring me." He said sarcastically. It seems my sarcasm was rubbing off on him. I laughed and fixed my seatbelt which was digging into my chest.

"So what game do you want to play?"

"Well, we don't exactly know that much about each other so we could just play 10 questions."

I looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

He glanced at me and shrugged his shoulders. "What?!"

"Oh nothing, I just never pegged you as that type of guy."

"What type?"

"The type who wants to ask questions while driving on a road trip."

"Well maybe you were mistaken."

"Maybe...." I giggled silently. "Fine, lets play Blake."

***

After asking some pretty basic and simple questions, I was ready to bring it up to the next level. I wanted to know more about Bellamy.

He was so intriguing and interesting but he didn't openly talk about himself that much. He seemed to close himself off from most people when it came to personal stuff. It was like he built a wall around himself and I was gonna be the one to bring them down.

"Okay Bellamy it's time to turn it up a notch. Ask me something personal." I was prepared for whatever came my way.

***

BELLAMY

".....Ask me something personal." She said temptingly. If I wanted to know anything this was the perfect time to. I could ask her anything about herself, her childhood, anything and I'd have the excuse of this game to cover it up.

"How many guys have you slept with?" Smooth Bellamy. Real smooth. I looked out of the corner of my eye to see her reaction and to my surprise she smiled.

"Zero." She said proudly. She was a virgin. She never had sex before.

"You're a virgin?" I questioned with slight disbelief in my voice.

"Yeah, there's more important things in life than sex Bellamy. I'm just waiting for the right guy." She blushed slightly and turned to look out the window.

"I never pegged you as that type of girl."

"What do you mean by type?" She questioned defensively.

"I don't know, the type that would still be a virgin. That's all. I'm not saying that it's bad, I just thought that you would've been with at least one guy."

"How many girls have you been with?" Clarke quickly asked.

"15 or something like that." I lied. To be honest I had lost track.

"Wow, what a player. You should have a trophy for that." She said sarcastically. I didn't know if she was trying to make a joke or if she was insulting me so I just laughed it off awkwardly.

"Okay well," she sat there for a little before continuing, "what was it like raising Octavia."

I hesitated before giving her the answer, "it was rough. We had to move around a lot and I had to get a job when I was ten years old to pay for food. We lived with our grandparents for the first little bit, until....." I drifted off, "anyways, when I was 16 I did a lot of stealing so that Octavia could have a slightly normal life. I've been arrested approximately 7 times. All of them were for Octavia." It felt good to let it out. I had been building it up all these years and it felt good to talk about with someone I trusted. I half expected her to scold me and to scoff in disgust but she didn't.

"You're a good brother Bellamy. I applaud you for that. You gave up most of your time to help her." She smiled at me with sincerity.

"So princess, I have a question for you. What did your dad-"

"Morning guys!" Octavia sat up quickly and smiled. Great, thanks Octavia for interrupting me.

"Morning." Clarke beamed back. Octavia looked at Jasper and Monty as they slept peacefully.

"They sleep through everything, honestly." She giggled.

"We're here." I motioned my head to a wooden cabin ahead of us. Everything looked exactly the same as the last time we were here except for a few branches that had fallen off of the large oak in the front yard.

I pulled the jeep up and parked it. Everyone hopped out of the jeep and headed to the back to grab their suitcases.

"Hope you like it Princess." I said to her as we both grabbed our luggage.

"I do, it's really nice." She smiled as she walked towards the front door with Octavia, Jasper and Monty.

Her smile reminded me of the reason I came up here in the first place. She is the target. It played over and over in my head until I got a head ache.

I was tired and I needed time to think so I headed into the cabin an threw my stuff into the corner of the living room.

I walked over to one of the rooms and flopped down onto one of the beds.
I closed my eyelids and fell asleep thinking about the princess.

A/N: Okay so I'm just moving the plot forward with this chapter and I have a good idea for the next chapter so be excited for that. Do I need more bellarke or am I putting in enough? I just need to know so that you guys don't get bored. If you guys want sneak peeks of the next chapters or just wanna ask me stuff or talk to me, add me on Snapchat: ilovebellamyb and on Instagram: i_love_bellamy_blake Thanks guys!!!! <3