Chapter Eight- The Tragic death of Iphone 6s

Start from the beginning

*Oh, you better be there when I get to school because you're in trouble my friend ;)*

I pressed the sent and looked up to mom, who was rambling things about colours and their number of shades and how or rather which shade goes with my perfect skin tone.

"This top will go best with this white short skirt. And don't forget to wear black heels or even white would work..."

I yawned again.

"You seem sleepy. Wait? Were you up all night? Oh, god! Doing what?" Her green eyes, getting bigger as she completed her sentence. Anxiousness always annoyed me.

"Mom! Please. Don't!" I yawned again. Oh, god! I just want to curl away.

Just then my phone vibrated. It was a text again.

*Not so soon, darling. You better hurry up though:* *

Before I could even reply my phone was snatched from my hands by none other than my so-not-understanding mother. Who seemed pretty pissed off... But, I didn't mean to upset her.

Ugh!

"I'm here trying to talk to you and you're not even paying me any heed. What are trying to do?"

I made a duh face. "Nothing." I naively shrugged and tried to get my phone back when she pulled her arm further back from me.

"Mom!" I whined.

"Is your phone more important than your own mother?" She sounded quite distressed.

I shook my head. But, it didn't make her believe me.

Now... that's not my problem if she doesn't trust me or my words—technically gestures.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes, stood up, and dropped the clothes she chose for me on the bed.

I felt something rushing in my veins. And it was anger.

"Mom... why don't you cut to the chase and tell me what you want. You do know you want something from me. Don't you?" I crossed my arms against my chest. Hoping for the otherwise.

She looked down with her green eyes—I wish I got dad's but, there I was with green eyes just like hers.

First she shook her head in exasperation and then rolled her eyes, again. What is the matter with her? What's disturbing her so much?

I stood up, frowning at her.

"Nothing." That was what she said and threw my phone on the bed.

I just kept looking at her as she turned around to leave but, suddenly her feet froze. She looked back at me.

"Michelle Reynold, where is Your phone?" Oh, god! She noticed. After all that three weeks of hiding, my secret was finally out and my ass was on the line.

See you in hell, elle.

"What did you do with your new phone? Where the hell is it anyway?"

Fuck! What a good morning!! It can get any better now.

It's all because of that nobody. I was up whole night, staring at my ceiling, trying to catch some sleep but, whenever I closed my eyes, his face came in my view. I got scared and jolted up, everytime.

I couldn't expunge the smell of cigarettes from myself, it felt as if he was still close to me. I showered thrice but, it didn't work.

Now tell, is my behaviour justified?

"I don't know. And I want to be alone now." I declared looking away from her.

"You're not getting away with this so easily, Michelle. And before you explain—which you definitely will— let me tell you, you're grounded!"