22.Claire

This chapter is set the day of the shooting!
This is partly a filler chapter and partly not
~
Claire's POV

"Colby get out" I yelled while I put my mascara on.

Colby and I shared a bathroom and he always bothered me when I did my makeup.

"This is my bathroom too" He argued and I rolled my eyes.

Despite what people may think, twins fight just as much or even more than regular siblings.

Colby was a big baby most of the time and my mom usually took his side over mine.

"I don't care I actually have to go to work" I said as I did my eyeliner.

Colby doesn't work.

He's never had a job in his life besides when he was ten and he helped lay down mats for tumbling at recitals.

My mom babies him so he doesn't have to do anything.

"Fine" He huffed then stomped into his room.

Today I was going to the studio for about an hour and then I had to go pick up Delaney from Braydon's parents house since he was working late.

After I finished my makeup I walked into Colby's room to tell him he could have the bathroom but as usual he was passed out.

I just shook my head and walked out of his room and into mine.

I quickly got dressed in my usual leggings and tank top then tied my hair up before grabbing my bag and walking downstairs.

I walked into my kitchen and grabbed an apple and a bottle of orange juice before heading for the door.

My mom is almost never home because she's always at the studio teaching our competition girls.

I hopped in my car and was off.
~
I pulled into my spot behind the studio and grabbed my bag.

It was around 3:30 so competition and recreation girls would both be here by now.

I walked into the studio and into our jazz room.

I set my stuff down and put my jazz shoes on.

I went and opened the door letting the girls know they could come in before I went back and started stretching.

I always stretched before class and I wouldn't let the girls dance unless they stretched and I mean really stretch.

After about ten minutes all the girls were in the class and were stretching.

My mom walked in the room and came over to me.

"Hi" I greeted.

She smiled before pulling me towards a corner.

"Why are you leaving at four thirty?" She asked while crossing her arms.

"I'm picking up Delaney for Braydon"

My mom just stared at me.

"Why can't he pick her up?" She asked.

"He's working late" I responded while raising an eyebrow at her.

"Why doesn't she just stay with his parents?" She asked.

"His parents can't always keep her"