Chapter 9

"What's so funny?", Iain looked at Aaliyah, amused by her sudden outburst of laughter.

"This woman is full of joy." Iain thought quietly.

"Oh nothing. I just thought of something is all.",

Iain stared at Aaliyah, his eyes filling with lust and longing. Never had he felt this way about a woman. Never had he felt the desperate need to have a woman in his arms. He'd always wanted things and he'd always got them, but this would be totally different. A challenge for Iain Pliegue. His life has never been the luck of the draw, but a sure bet, but somehow he felt he would be going playing roulette pretty soon.
Aaliyah shifted in her seat, totally aware of Iain's intense stare, trying to make herself look unaware, and failing of course. Her gaze was going everywhere but him. Iain clearing his throat had gotten her to look at him directly.

"About this...promotion Aaliyah. It requires you to work from home. Mine, yours, whatever you prefer. I'll give you that option. ",

Aaliyah stared at Iain in disbelief.
"I'll be leaving the office?! To be at home?!!! Unbelievable. Might as well say I'm fired."

"Um..not to sound ungrateful or anything Sir but....what exactly would I be doing.....at home. I'll be honest when I say I definitely assumed and thought this would be an upper administrative role.",

"Whatever I need you to do. You'll be working to please me. I am your boss.",

Aaliyah got worried at that the vague firmness in Iain's voice.
"Work to please? Why do I get excited just thinking about that? What's wrong with me..."

"If you don't feel so sure about your agenda, I'll be happy to demonstrate.", Iain downed his drink and advanced towards the doe of a woman.

"Yes, please.",
Iain walked around the kitchen counter and stood very close to Aaliyah. Only an inch and a hair away from her face.

"Here's an example.", Iain whispered, grabbing Aaliyah's waist and pulling her against him, she put her hands on his chest to push him away but didn't succeed. Who was she kidding? Anyone could tell she wanted this. The attempt was so weak.
Iain closed the distance,  kissing her rough with passion. Iain knew Aaliyah was different from the others. He just felt it.
Aaliyah couldn't function. All she could think about was Iain. That's all her mind would allow. She was lost in his hold, his lips on hers was her undoing. If she felt this way when he kissed her, she wondered what would happen if he did something...more.

Iain pulled away from the kiss, making Aaliyah lean forward to try and have Iain's lips on hers once more, only making Iain pull apart from her all together.
Aaliyah looked confused, about why Iain stopped, and saddened by the sudden lost of warmth.

"Do you understand what you'll be doing? I'll have the paperwork done tomorrow morning, ready for you to sign, if you agree to accept this promotion. All further details will be discussed then.",

Aaliyah couldn't believe how professional he was speaking with her, when literally two minutes ago they were caught in a web of a passionate steamy kiss. It astonished her how much self control one man attained. She thought he was going to ravish her right on the kitchen counter. Is it all an act? Aaliyah couldn't help but give in to the skeptic thoughts. There's something there. She could sense it.

"I do understand. I guess I'll see you tomorrow.....",
Aaliyah got up, straightened her dress and walked towards the front door.

"Morning.",

Aaliyah stopped and turned around.
"Hm? Did you say something? ",

"Morning ", Iain said "Tomorrow morning. Don't be late.",

With that being said Aaliyah resumed walking toward the exit of his home. Feeling a bit toyed with. But, isn't that what he's promoting me to? His toy? I guess if I can't have him the way I want him, I can still on some level receive the set apart satisfaction. The only difference is I'm getting paid to give and receive pleasure. Isn't that a blip. Aaliyah knew she would have to wrestle with her self esteem later.
A battle for a different day.