Chapter 24: I Don't Know If You've Noticed Yet But I'm Awkward, Okay?

Start from the beginning

- I swear these 2 are literally #goals
- OMG isn't that the same girl from the other picture he took??!
- Does he come with the drink?
- They're so hot, I hate them.
-MY TWO MOST FAVOURITE PEOPLE, #SLAYYYY

I shook my head and clicked on the account that had posted that last comment: @IyanuThatsWho. I followed her and began to scroll through her profile. Most of her posts consisted of photo shoots and food. Why was I not surprised? I, being the loyal person I was, switched the post arrangement to list and began liking every photo of hers. My phone began to ring, interrupting my spamming spree and Iyanu, pulling a really funny face was suddenly covering my screen.

"What a coincidence." I began. "This doesn't have anything to do with me spamming you, does it?"

"Too bad you only have like four pictures and I can't relike them. Now I'm in like-debt, thanks a lot." She sighed.

I chuckled. "I guess you owe me now, huh?"

Iyanu scoffed over the line. "Yeah, sure." She paused for a moment. "What's the 411 on the 911?"

"What?"

"The 911 obviously not being the police in this case." She babbled. "Why Mark of course."

"Who?" I swear I had no idea what she was talking about.

"You weren't kidding when you said you had short-short-short term memory loss." She sighed again. I'd sigh constantly if I were dealing with me too. "Mark? The blue-eyed hottie from the mall? Mr 'here's your receipt and my number too'?"

"Ohhh,"  I recalled, "that Mark. What about him?"

"You didn't call him yet did you?"

"Of course I didn't." I replied, rolling my eyes, even though I knew she couldn't see me.

"Why didn't you? He was cute. Not to mention, totally interested."

"Iyanu, I don't know if you've noticed yet but I'm awkward, okay? Not your cute awkward; your mucho, grande, don't know what to do with myself anymore awkward." I explained. "I don't want to expose that fact to any more people thank you very much. Besides, I threw the receipt away."

"YOU DID WHAT?" I had to move my phone away from my ear from how loud that was. "God, you're impossible."

I grinned. "I'll take that as a compliment."

"Fine." She sighed.

Wow, shocker.

"At least do one thing for me."

"Does this one thing have to do with me getting up? Because no." I replied bluntly. Me no like movement. Me lazy.

"No, I'll text you right now." She laughed before hanging up. It wasn't long before I got a text from her.

- I took a picture of you the day we went to the mall, after your makeover.
- Please post it on your Insta, okay?
- Please, please, please, please, pleasr.
- Please*, screw my thumbs.
- Okay?
- Stop ignoring me god damn it!!
- You know I can see you reading these -.-

- Fine.

- Why not?
- Wait.
- SERIOUSLY?!
- YAYYYY!!!!
- Okay I'm sending it rn.
- I'm waiting on you to post it so that I can like it, hurry up.

She then sent me the picture. In it, I was on the phone, completely oblivious to her taking a picture of me. Heck, I don't even remember who I was talking to when it happened.

Lucky for me, Iyanu knew how indecisive I was and chose a filter for me to use. Now all that was left was for me to write the caption.

'So, this is what I look like now, thanks to @IyanuThatsWho & @TomPeterson' #MakeoverAgainstMyWill

Five seconds after posting the damn thing, Iyanu called again. "Why you acting like you don't love it though? Against my will, my ass." She scoffed, making me laugh. "I liked it anyways."

"Happy?" I asked. "Because I'm going to bed right now. You've tired me mentally."

"Aww, I love you too Ria." She replied, saying the nickname in a mocking tone.

"Not you too." I sighed. I knew she was calling me that for fun. She knew how much I hated it.

"Not me what, Ria?" She asked, sounding genuinely clueless. She could act, that was for sure.

"Good night." I said, hanging up before she could say that horrendous nickname again.

Our call hadn't lasted over a couple of minutes. Which made me wonder if my eyes were playing tricks on me or not. Because as soon as I hung up and the Instagram app reopened, it said that I had more than eight thousand likes on the picture I had just posted.

The fuck?

----------

A/N:

Can we all just take a moment and appreciate the effort that went into me actually faking an Instagram post? 😂 (Attached to the chapter ^)

Ellen Ford-Evans (Marianne's grandmother): played by Alfre Woodard.

Feel free to comment, vote, follow, whatever :')

----------