Chapter 6 - I've Been Drinking Too Much For Sure

Mia's eyes fluttered open to the vibration of her phone. She was sitting in Caroline's car with May asleep next to her. Her head throbbed terribly.

'Oh damn', she thought.

Quickly she reached for her phone in her pocket and answered it.

"Hello?" She questioned. "Mia, where are you?" It was Harry's voice on the other end of the line.

"I'm with a friend. Sorry I fell asleep at her place last night when I went to visit her. I'm sorry. But I'll be back soon. Bye." She said and quickly hung up the phone.

She looked out of the window of the car and saw she was still outside of the bar her and May went to after the Chinese restaurant.

May actually invited her to go. She said she hadn't seen Mia in forever and wanted to take her out for a while, so they both ended up getting drunk and falling asleep in Caroline's car.

"May." Mia said trying to shake May awake. May finally woke up after a few shakes and looked at Mia with sleepy eyes.

"Crap. My head hurts like hell," She said as she sat up properly in the drivers seat. She pushed her hair to the back and then sighed. "I'm going to be in a lot of trouble. My mother is going to kill me."

Mia yawned. "Well you shouldn't have gone drinking, anyway. You're underage," She said. "You actually shouldn't have suggested we go to a bar. A spa would've been better."

"Firstly, I look old for my age. And secondly, I didn't have money for a spa. A few drinks yes, a spa no," May said and looked at Mia. "By the way, one of your contacts is missing."

Mia pulled down one of the car mirrors and looked at herself. May was right, one of her eyes was green and the other was brown.

"Oh shit, I can't go home like this. Anne is going to kill me then Harry is going to kill me, and then I'm going to die," She said, exaggerating.

May laughed. "Wouldn't you already be dead when Anne kills you?" She questioned.

Mia looked at her seriously. "This is not time to play around. I need to go to the mall and by contacts," She said.

May shook her head. "It doesn't work like that, you know. It takes a few days or you need to go for an eye test." She said.

Mia sighed. "I don't have time for a few days and I can't go for an eye test because there's nothing wrong with my eyes."

May put her hand on Mia's shoulder. "Why don't we just go to the mall and order it and you can stay over at my house while we wait," She suggested.

Mia shook her head. "I have a better idea. How about we go to your house, get your clothes, then go to my apartment and get cleaned up. Then we can go to the mall and order the contacts while we wait for them we can stay at my house. Just so you know, there's a reason I got my own apartment. It wasn't because I wanted to come back and see Caroline," She said.

May nodded. "I do like your plan better. My mother has probably gone to work now. She must've got the bus or something. The kids are most likely at school so we can quickly go home before they come back," May said.

Mia nodded. "Okay, let's go," She said as May started the car and drove off to Caroline's apartment.

Mia quickly sent a message to Anne and then to Harry. She informed Anne about the situation of going out with May and loosing her contact and about her staying at her apartment for the time being.

She then told Harry she's over at a friend's house and the friend asked her to stay over longer because they hadn't seen each other in such a long time.