Chapter 13 - Quite A Surprise

The next morning Mia woke up with strong arms wrapped tightly around her. She opened her eyes and saw a body full of strange tattoos that she recognised.

Her heartbeat increased when she realised that she was so sleeping close to Harry, let alone being in the same bed as him.

Harry shuffled slightly and after a while he opened his eyes and looked down at Mia. A small smile was plastered on his face.

"Just in case you come to the conclusion that I drugged you and forced you to sleep here. Hear what really happened first," Harry said in his raspy morning voice. "I came back with the popcorn and movies and you were already sleeping. I tried to carry you to your room but you protested. After that I was going to sleep on the floor but you held on to me so tightly that I couldn't get out of your grip so I ended up sleeping next to you. And you were the one who wouldn't let me go last night."

Mia felt so confused.

"Well, thanks? I guess..." Mia said. She wanted to go back to sleep so badly but she knew she couldn't.

"Mia do your eyes change colour?" Harry asked curiously. Mia looked at him confused. "Why?" She questioned. "They're brown."

Oh shit.

She panicked. What was she going to say. She thought quickly on the spot. Harry's eyes not leaving hers, she could only hope that he wouldn't see through her excuse.

"Sometimes late at night till early morning they turn brown. But other than that they're green. So to answer your question, yes." She answered, struggling to get her words out, scared that Harry wouldn't believe her.

Harry nodded. "Well, it's good to know," He said. "You actually look better with brown eyes."

"Thank you. I need to go," Mia said and moved the sheets around so she could get up. "Thanks for helping me last night. It means a lot."

Mia stood up and behind to walk out of the door and into her own room.

When she entered the first thing she did was collapse onto her bed. She then thought of Harry and how sweet he was to take care of her.

He even let her sleep in his bed. Of course he would. You're his 'sister' remember? Mia thought to herself.

She got out of bed and went into her bathroom to brush her teeth and get a quick shower. When she got changed she reminded herself to put her contacts in.

Afterwards she went downstairs into the kitchen were she saw Anne, who was making breakfast.

"Good morning," Anne greeted when Mia stepped into the kitchen. Mia smiled. "Good morning to you to," She said.

"How are your teeth?" Anne asked. "Uhm...They're much better now thanks," Mia said.

"That's good," Anne replied. Just then the doorbell rang. "I'll get it," Mia said and walked from the kitchen to the door.

She then opened it and saw Fae on the other side of the door. "Hey," Fae greeted with a big smile.

Mia wondered what was going on. She hoped Fae was moving to another country.

"Hi," Mia said standing firm at the door. Not giving Fae any entrance into the house. "Is Harry home?" Fae questioned.

Mia thought for a moment if she should lie and say you'll find Harry at the bottom of a cliff.

"Yes. He is either still asleep or having a shower. I can call him for you if you'd like," Mia said politely.

"Yes, thanks," Fae said. "I'll be right back," Mia said. Her hand still held the door she didn't know if she should slam it shut while Fae was outside or invite her in.