Chapter 19 - The Perfect Storm

Mia woke up to the faint smell of musty smoke. Her head shot up and her eyes went in the direction of the smoke, it came from her kitchen.

Mia got up from the couch she fell asleep on the previous night and followed the smell. Harry stood in the kitchen, with his previous nights clothes on, hovering over the stove.

Mia cleared her throat and Harry immediately looked at her. "What are you doing?" She asked and walked over to him. She looked into the pan he was stirring and she saw what looked like burnt eggs.

"I thought I would make breakfast but then I left the egg in the pan for too long while I was getting the ingredients and, well...it burnt. I'm really sorry."

Mia chuckled. "I really thought my apartment was on fire. Next time, wake me up before you decide to cook," She said.

"There'll be a next time?" Harry questioned and then laughed to himself. "Well, considering the fact that I won't be cooking and cleaning all the time, yes, you'll be given another chance."

A small smile made its way to Harry's lips as he stepped closer to Mia wrapping his arms around her waist.

Mia pulled away from him, which made Harry confused. "No kissing, no dating, no holding or whatever couples do until you break up with Fae."

Harry huffed. "You know I'm going to do it anyway," He said. "Yes, but I don't want to feel like you're cheating on her with me," Mia replied.

Harry crossed his arms over his chest. "Fine," He mumbled under his breath and turned back to face the stove.

"Actually, let me do the breakfast. I can't risk you burning down this apartment," Mia said and shoved Harry playfully to the side.

"Well, I guess that'll be the last time I do anything nice for you," Harry said and stuck out his tongue.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Mia sat in the passenger seat of Harry's car as they drove to the Styles' house. She could feel her heart racing; she was terrified to go back there.

"Are you sure your mother still likes me?" Mia questioned. "Yeah, why wouldn't she?" Harry asked.

"Maybe it's the fact that I ran away and I wasn't supposed to." Mia looked down. Her fingers were intertwined together as she thought of the worst things that could possibly happen. She started to feel nauseous in the pit of her stomach.

"It's your life, and anyway, you're an adult who's allowed to make her own decision. So don't worry about my mother."

There was something about Harry's voice that made Mia calm. She knew that she only needed his assurance but Harry's mother felt like family to her. She loved it there; it was the most she's ever felt at home.

"Has she spoken about me after I left?" Mia asked. "Yes. She said that you were one of the nicest and sweetest people she's ever met and she will not give me your address because she doesn't want you to be angry at her."

Surprise took over Mia's body. "She said that she wouldn't give you my address because I'd be angry at her?" She questioned. "But I thought I made it clear in my letters that I'd never see you guys again."

"Well, look at where we are now," Harry said smirking. "You just couldn't live without me, could you?" Mia remarked playfully.

"Of course I couldn't. Who else would lie about Michael Jackson the way you did?" Harry questioned as he laughed.

Mia folded her arms over her chest. "Gosh, Harry. That was weeks ago, can you not just let it go?" She said defensively.

"No, because that was the most amusing day of my life," Harry said. Mia sighed. "If that was the most amusing day of your life then you really need to get out more," Mia responded.