Chapter 15: Pull Out Game Strong

Start from the beginning

"How could you forget?" you asked, a bit taken aback over how the maknae could forget the girl you had been talking so much about.

"I guess I've just gotten used to hiding from Shawn in this house," he chuckled.

Your smile fell at the mention of Shawn.

Jungkook simply smiled sweetly at you, not noticing your face change as he started to kiss down your neck again.

"We won't make noise hopefully," he chuckled at your collarbone, "the last thing we want is for the poor girl to realize I'm actually present from you screaming."

You gasped at him being smug. Laughing as he simply focused on your neck, you rolled your eyes before trying to focus on Jungkook and the feeling he was giving you and not the certain events that recently occurred in your life...

Racy being in love with you.

Shawn being gone.

-

"Oh is this Shawn?" the doctor asked Jimin who had slipped into the room with Kai when she was went to go check up on the child.

Hearing back positive information, both weren't as uncomfortable around each other once seeing one another. Kai couldn't help but feel incredibly comfortable when his hand would hug over at her lower back in habit. His very touch reminded her of the time they shared with one another. The time neither of them could clearly talk so freely about without feeling like complete shit.

Jimin however still felt overwhelmed with the woman's presence. Trying to maintain this friendship was hard on its own, but having to continuously touch her because his body gravitated towards her was something else entirely. He hated that he didn't regret that night. He hated himself for liking it so much...

"No he isn't," Kai said softly, moving off her chair as she gathered her jacket in her hands.

Jimin noticed the sadness in Kai's eyes at the mention of Shawn. His stomach twisted.

"I'm a friend," he said slowly, smiling lightly over at Kai as he rubbed at her back in reassurance.

Kai smiled lightly over at him, nodding over at him. He had made it clear to her that all he wanted was to be friends. If they were going to make this work and talk to Shawn when he got back, they had to make sure they set boundaries. Especially after what the two of them had done with one another, being the normal close friends what Kai thought they were before wasn't even in question anymore...

We couldn't be that close again.

"Have a nice day," Jimin said as they walked out, both respectfully greeting the doctor as they walked out.

Jimin sighed as they left, watching Kai barely saying a word.

"You okay?" he asked softly, pursing his lips when Kai looked over at him.

Her eyes were unreadable.

He almost tripped over himself when she spoke.

"You said you loved me during that time we..." she trailed off awkwardly, moving down the hall with him.

He swallowed harshly, his teeth gritting at the very memory of him being truthful and coming in terms with his feelings. He was in love with the woman. "I don't know why I said it," he nervously laughing, thinking of Shawn, Kai, and the baby growing in her stomach at this very moment as he lied through his teeth, "it's sex...I guess it makes people say crazy things."

Kai nodded very very slowly.

"I do care about you Kai," he said softly and she nodded.

She cared for him too. She genuinely did and yet she couldn't find herself to say anything without making it weird or awkward. She was famous for just that trait...