The 34th Floor - Chapter 23 - Grace

Author's Note:

I'm starting to see that my chapters are pretty long and that when I read them over, even I get bored, but for some reason, eventful things are less likely to occur if I cut them short. I attempted to make a fearful ending to this chapter, though I doubt I did a very good job. I'm not so good with horror and thriller novels so spare me please. It was becoming very unrealistic because I'm sure many of you were thinking "they can't last this long without food" or "what about sleeping" or even "isn't anyone besides Cade in rush to use a bathroom?" Most of those questions should be answer soon. I'm tyring to figure out how long they have been in that house so you get an idea of night and day and hours and minutes.

Please vote, comment, and read. I really want this story to get somewhere. I'm trying to work very hard on it and I know it's boring and tedious to read because it is so detailed, but I'm attempting to be vague, but it doesn't please me.

The 34th Floor:

Chapter 23:

Grace

His face was inches away from mine in which his captivating hazel eyes were burning into mine and his desirable pink lips were tempting every inch of my body. The husky words that escaped through his lips made my head turn, the odd way his eyebrows raised, dared me to make the first move, and the way his fingers either grazed the skin on my arm or the side of my face, made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. 

“You know you want me,” he breathed onto my face.

“No…no I don’t,” I stuttered, even though my body was screaming yes and my mind was racing.

“No point in denying it. I can feel your body wanting to give in,” he stated, letting his nose graze my bare neck.

“Stop,” I let out a barely audible whimper. “Stop.”

“Shh,” he whispered, the air escaping from his lips tickling my ears.

“You want it and I’m not afraid to give it,” he whispered, running his fingers soft up and down my cheeks.

“Then what are you waiting for,” I whispered, a new found confidence burning through me. It was like the whole bad-girl, innocent-gone-out-the-window attitude had come through me again.

I grabbed the collar of his shirt and tugged him forward. “If you think you’re so confident than why don’t you make the first move.” I let my breath warm his face before bringing my lips to the side of his neck.

Someone coughed loudly, bringing the two of us out of our trance. My grip on his collar instantly loosened in which I backed up, rubbing my thinly protected skin against the roughness of the wall.

“The two of you can get it on some other time. We kind of sort of have a problem here.” Rachel stated, staring down at where Cade was hunched on the ground, not looking in such a fair condition.

Noah, who still had his arms on the either side of me to keep me from escaping, pulled back his arm and drew them back to his side while I simply stared down at my feet, rolling me lips into my mouth.

“I guess we’ll just have to continue this some other time,” he whispered before winking and making his way towards where Rachel had dropped down to her knees next to Cade.

“What’s wrong, man?” Noah asked, kneeling down next to Cale whilst placing a hand on his knee.

“We…we can’t have another person already wounded,” he said, face paling at the sight of Cade’s brutal condition.

I pushed my hair back from my face, allowing it too cool. Some places in this house were hot while others of it were cold. I fanned myself, relaxing as the breeze hit my balmy skin. I licked my drying lips before turned around to face where the three were huddled. I remember very well who the three were. I knew Cade was the handsome tall, dark-haired pale green eyed boy in tattered and disheveled clothes. I recognized the short blonde with puppy-dog large brown eyes and a rather messy make-up covered face as Rachel. The one I remembered without even needing a recap was Noah with his lean six foot and over figure, tan complexion, dreamy hazel eyes and soft golden hair. I whipped my head to the side, away from where Rachel and Noah were trying to take a look at the side of Cade’s body. They couldn’t know that I remembered every inch from how I had arrived at this place to how Noah saved me and how the spiders had thrown me into a colossal disorientated state. If I acted like I didn’t remember them, if I acted like Noah meant nothing to me, then maybe if I was unable to get out of here alive, it wouldn’t be as painful. Yet, here I was, inches away from making-out with a rather handsome boy, who I could tell was already head-over-heels in love with me and I couldn’t deny I loved him back.