1 | first day back

Start from the beginning

Louis had come to the hospital when Loren was born and he even held her for a bit, but he still wasn't a part of her life. Harry gave Loren Louis' last name regardless.

Though he really shouldn't, Harry still loved Louis more than anything. He just really didn't want to have to see him at school today.

Harry decided on wearing a pastel purple over-sized sweater and a pair of black skinny jeans, even though they made Harry self conscious about his weight.

He slipped on a pair of converse and grabbed his phone and book bag before going downstairs. He sat his stuff on the kitchen table and then went to the living room where his mum was sat with Loren.

"Are you taking her to the day care today?" Anne asked and Harry nodded his head. His school had a daycare in it because most students at the school had a baby and needed somewhere to keep them while they still attended school.

"I went to go see it last week and talked with one of the girls up there. It's really nice and luckily I only have to pay $25 a week. It isn't that bad actually. A lot less than what I expected." Harry said softly and then Anne handed Loren over after burping her.

"Are you nervous about seeing Louis?" Anne asked and Harry nodded his head and looked down at Loren.

"It doesn't matter." Harry said and then went upstairs again to change Loren into a new onesie and flattening down her wavy hair. For a baby, she had a lot of hair already.

Harry came back downstairs with her and placed her in her car seat, buckling her in, making her cry.

"Loren, we are leaving, Princess. You need to be in your car seat." Harry said and then handed her a stuffed animal, one of her favorites. It's one Louis brought for her the one time he saw her at the hospital. It was a tiny light pink and surprisingly soft bunny and it calmed Loren down usually.

Loren calmed down as she gripped onto the stuffed bunny and Harry placed a blanket over her legs because it was quite cold outside. It was August, of course it was cold.

Harry's mum was taking him to school and Harry tried to insist that she didn't have to, but her argument was that she didn't want her baby, and grandbaby to freeze out there, so Harry said okay.

"Ready to go?" Anne asked and Harry nodded and put his back pack straps over his shoulders and then placed his phone in his pocket before grabbing the car seat and Loren's diaper bag and took it all out to the car, making sure the car seat was strapped in correctly before he got into the car with his mum.

"If you want to leave at any point today, don't hesitate to call me, Harry." Anne said as she pulled out of the driveway and Harry nodded his head, promising his mum that he would, even though he probably wouldn't.

Anne pulled up at Harry's school a few minutes later and then got out, throwing his bag over his shoulder before going to the back of the car and slinging the diaper bag over his shoulder and then unstrapped Loren, who was now asleep. He left her blanket but grabbed her stuffed bunny before telling his mum bye and telling her that he loved her.

As Harry walked inside the school, holding Loren, everyone's eyes were on him and they were whispering. Harry didn't care though as he made his way to the daycare center near the office.

"Oh my god, Harry." Niall Horan, Harry's best friend appeared at his side and Harry looked at him.

"Yes, Ni?" Harry asked as they walked together.

"Loren looks so tiny and cute and it kind of makes me want a baby... Just kidding. I will just spoil yours until I'm ready to have a baby." Niall smiled at Harry, trying to lighten the mood a bit because he could tell Harry was stressing.