Chapter 6

This awesome cover was created by Kira_t10 !!! Thank you so much! It looks awesome <3 <3 <3

~~~~~~

[Chapter 6]

Liana stayed with me for a couple of hours. We just talked and snacked on food. She told me some things about herself and I did the same. It was nice being able to tell someone how I felt about this whole situation that I was in. She listened intently without interrupting me as I continuously rambled on and one about how mate should really be treated.

Liana told me a little bit about herself. She's 16 and her favorite color is purple. I also found out that she hasn't found her mate yet.

By the sound of the front door opening and closing, we both knew that Nixon was back. Liana told me goodbye before quickly leaving the room. I heard their voices down by the stairs before I heard the door open and close again.

Nixon's footsteps grew louder as he ascended the stairs. His footsteps stopped once they reached my door frame. I stared down at my fiddling fingers as I felt his presence behind me. The sweet smell of vanilla and aftershave filled my nostrils, causing my mouth to slightly water. My heart started beating faster as he advanced towards me. My wolf began going crazy every step Nixon took.

Still sitting on my bed, I stared down at his shoes, just a random pair of black Nikes. He cleared his throat, attempting to grab my attention but I continued staring at his feet, not wanting to look up at his gorgeous face. He's got really big feet. In fact, his whole body is big and intimidating. Artemis started putting other images of his big body parts in my head. I internally scolded her, telling her to quit it.

A low growl emitted from his throat, causing shivers to crawl up and down my spine. I slowly tilted my head back, my blue eyes meeting with his green eyes, which were a shade darker than the norm. His face was void of emotion. His arms were crossed over his chest as he stared at me. His hair was matted to his head because of the rain outside and his clothes dripped with water. His lips were pressed into a thin line.

Silence filled the air. I didn't know what to say or do, afraid that he would lash out at me like he does with other werewolves. I may be his mate and I barely know him, but I know for a fact that his pride is worth more to him than me. So if I disrespected him, he would most likely rip my head off of my body and eat it for dinner.

I stand up and walk over to the bathroom. Before entering, I looked over my shoulder. "I'm going to bed. Door's over there." I told him and pointed at the door. He clenched his jaw and fists before pivoting on his foot and storming out of the room. I rolled my eyes and went over to my door, shutting it and locking it. Who knows what kind of scandalous act he'll try to pull.

Pulling down the covers, I slid inside the sheets, not caring that I'm wearing dirty clothes. I just need to sleep. Who knows....maybe this is just a dream.

A horrible nightmare that feels so real.....

.

.

.

My eyes flew open and a loud shriek left my throat. Tears streamed down my cheeks. My whole body was on fire and it was dripping with sweat. I shook with fear as red eyes popped up in the back of my head. I clenched my fists that clung onto the sheets and closed my eyes tightly. Not again! I could just picture the sharp canines that belonged to the monster. And it didn't help that I knew he was real because I saw him the other night.

The door to my room flung open. I buried my face into the pillow and sobbed into it. I was so scared at the moment. My nightmare felt more real than all of the other's. The beast was so close to killing me. Footsteps got closer until they stopped at the end of the bed. I felt a the bed dent as someone sat down. Nixon's sweet scent filled the air and my whole body tensed up. I was waiting for him to slash out at me to be quiet and let him go back to sleep. But what I wasn't expecting for him to place his hand on my back. Instead of feeling better, the unsettling feeling got worse.