Ch 1: Into Motion

Start from the beginning

"Hey Sasori," I said with a soft smile as I picked him up. "I can't believe I'm late either bud."

Cheshire named Sasori. His fur was the same color as Akasuna no Sasori's hair and his eyes were the same color so we named him after the character. Perfect right? I sat him down on the counter and grabbed his bowl from the shelf. I got the leftover chicken and chopped it up then put it in his bowl then took my medicine.

It won't really make a difference if I am late I guess. I was late loads of times before, but I was the best employee my boss had. There was that fact and also that my boss was very understanding when it came to my insomnia because she has it too; it's just that with her insomnia, it is chronic.

I got done feeding Sasori and headed to the door. I grabbed my keys and slipped on my shoes as I opened the door then stopped in confusion.

"Are we expecting anything, Chesh, Kura?" I asked.

I was even more confused when I heard them both say no. I bent down and poked the box. Nothing happened so I gave it a small kick which was met with a few hisses and indignant mews of protest. My eyes widened hearing this and I immediately picked up the box. It must have been out in the sun for a while because it was hot.

"Ooo! What's that Kitten?!" Kura asked as she poked her head out of the kitchen door.

"Kittens I think," I stated softly as I studied the box and sat it on the couch, ignoring Kura's nickname for me.

"Kittens?"

Cheshire walked out of the bathroom, her usually blank face holding curiosity and slight confusion. I nodded and slipped my pocket knife off the coffee table. I carefully slit the tape on the box. Cheshire stood behind me looking over my shoulder as Kura sat on the couch on the other side of the box. I opened it and all eyes looked up at us and we gasped.

I've read about the Akatsuki characters coming to the real world in kitten form, but this was insane! I looked over at Sasori as he climbed into my lap and he looked down in the box. It seemed as though he sighed and he climbed up to sit on top of the couch making all the kittens watch him. This couldn't be happening.

~

"I know this is short notice, but I need today off. Something big has just come up!"

I listened to my boss and smiled. I told her goodbye and went back to the box of kittens. Kura was still staring at them and I am pretty sure it was creeping them out because they were on the far side of the box by me. I sighed and sat back down in my spot as I looked over the kittens.

"I don't know if I am right," I muttered to myself, "but would it be a far fetched idea to assume these guys are the real Akatsuki?"

I carefully watched the kittens and saw them stiffen and the red one with dark orange streaks in his fur glared at me along with a black kitten and the white kitten that had a blue tint to her fur.

"No way! It's really them!" Kura basically screamed.

I covered my eyes hearing them ring from her high-pitched squeals and punched her making her fall on the floor clutching her head.

"What was that for?!" She yelled.

"For hurting my, and the cat's, ears you twit!" I yelled back then looked at the kittens.

I knew the white kitten with the blue tint was Konan from the color of her golden eyes and the white rose in her fur and the black kitten was obviously Itachi because of his onyx eyes and the red one with orange was Nagato. He looked very weak and I could only imagine how weak he really was. I wonder if he could walk since he's here?