Chapter 19: Sweep Me off My Feet

Zacznij od początku

"Sure." I nodded and let go of him, turning around and taking my eggs off the stove- they were done. I scraped them out of the pan and onto a plate. I heard the table being pushed to the wall of the kitchen, leaving the center of the kitchen wide open. What is he doing? I shook off the thought- there was no use questioning Sherlock's strange behaviors.

"How do you like them?"

"Benedict."

"Mkay." I went to grab an egg, but he stopped me by taking my hand.

"Not just yet."

I turned to face him, confused. "Why?" Still keeping a hold of my hand, he walked backwards to my iPod, opening it and scrolling through the Elvis playlist.

"Because," he said, selecting a song. "You have to learn to dance." That explains the table.

The sound of the music faded as the next song loaded. Which one did he choose? "Are you any good, yourself?"

He gave a cocky half smile. "The best." He said playfully.

I chuckled, lightly placing a hand on his shoulder as he took my right hand into his left. "Alright then." He rested his right hand on my shoulder blade- completing the setup for a waltz. I might not know how to waltz, but I know one when I see one. "Sweep me off my feet with your dancing skills." I raised an eyebrow in a joking manner.

He grinned and moved in closer until we were only a few inches apart. "With pleasure." A soft melody of eighth notes began to play, and I recognized the tune immediately- Can't Help Falling in Love. Appropriate, I supposed. It had a three-four feel, which was perfect for a waltz. Nevertheless, I felt a blush spread across my cheeks. Nothing like dancing to your favorite song with someone you may or may not have a crush on. (I just haven't quite decided if I want to like him, yet.) "A waltz is a counter-clockwise dance, okay?" His voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Got it."

"Step back with your right, then out with your left." His voice was soft yet commanding.

(I highly recommend listening to the song while you read this part)

Wise men say...

I did exactly as he said and followed his lead- he really was a surprisingly graceful dancer. I kept my hand firmly clasped in his, as his support was the only thing keeping me from tripping and falling over my own feet. When it comes to dancing, I consider myself a hopeless case.

Only fools rush in...

"Now bring your feet together..." I brought my right foot in. He looked down to see if I was doing it correctly, then smiled in approval.

But I can't help falling in love with you.

"Good. Now forward with your left... Excellent... now the same out-together step..."

Shall I stay?

I grinned. "Oh my God, I'm doing it."

Would it be a sin?

He returned the smile. "Stay on your toes... There. Now follow my lead."

If I can't help falling in love with you?

Using the same steps, I followed his lead around the kitchen, twirling counter-clockwise in beautiful patterns.

Like a river flows...