Chapter 23: We're Just Friends.

Start from the beginning

I'm guessing they're not pleased with my friendship with the love of their lives? Guess who cares? Not me!!

"So are you two a thing?" A petite blonde girl asked, casually sipping on her Maroon Lagoon.

I shook my head. "We're just friends."

An arm found its way over my shoulder and a minty scent suddenly filled my nose. "Yeah, what she said."

I looked up at him, just in time to see him shoot the girl a toothy grin and a wink. Poor thing looked as if she got the wind knocked out of her and fell to the ground.

Oh boy.

***

By the end of the shift, Thomas had received an urgent call and left abruptly, not before telling me of course. Both Claire and Bethany finished counting their profits and left, leaving me and the guys.

Mr Ramirez told us that he had never witnessed a business day like the one we had just ended ever since he opened the joint. He started giving us a speech on how he built the place and how much it meant to him, yada yada.

What a success, was my Maroon Lagoon.
But I'mma have to head home soon.
Cuz I've been working my butt off over here since noon.
All I need is a tub of choco ice cream and a spoon.
And I'mma turn up til the eighth of June.
In a..

Something white was moving rapidly in front of me, ruining my rapper mood. When I snapped back to reality, Mr Ramirez was standing in front of me, shaking an envelope in my face. "Take Marie-Annie."

FOR THE LOVE OF BROWNIES, GET MY DAMN NAME RIGHT !!

"Two hundred dollars inside." He continued.

Call me Marie, Annie, Mary, Angelina, whatever you want. Gimme, gimme, gimme.

I timidly took the envelope from him, not knowing what to say. "Alexander was right. Your idea, your money too." He explained.

I looked over his shoulder to see Alexander watching us as he cleaned the bar. I gave him a grateful smile that he returned with a small one.

"Thanks Mr Ramirez." I grinned. "I'm going to get going if there isn't anything more you need." Excusing myself, I picked up the paper bag containing a packet of chocolate chip muffins. You see, I was heading somewhere.

"No, no, of course you can go. And thank you again for your idea." He sighed, holding my face in both his hands. "You are such a bright child. I'm so glad I hired you."

His words filled me with pride, if I didn't act swiftly I'd probably start tearing up. I smiled at him as he let me go and waved a quick goodbye to Alexander and Dylan who were staying behind to clean up.

Boy, did I have a story for Grams tonight.

----------

A/N:

My physiology exam was so shit and the whole ordeal was so fucking piss taking because I studied my ass off for that shit and nothing I predicted came up. Let's just say the chances of me having to cut my summer break short to retake it aren't so slim :(

 Let's just say the chances of me having to cut my summer break short to retake it aren't so slim :(

Alexander Norma: played by Moe Adams. (If I had eyes like those, I would never blink. I'd keep my eyes open for the world to stare at, sns..).

Dedicated to dxsconnxcted

Feel free to comment, vote, follow, whatever :')

----------