Chapter 2: Battle in Pewter City

Brock

I was in my Gym and taking care of my Pokemon and I didn't expect there was a Challenger today. She came in with a Pikachu! "Hello? I want to do a Gym battle!" I said, "So, you must be a new trainer huh?" She said, "Yes, I am. I just started my Journey and Professor Oak suggested to come here." I chuckled, "He did, huh? Well, welcome. I'm Brock, The Gym leader of Pewter City." She said, "Wow. This is going to be fun." We step into the battlefield and I said, "Ladies first." She picks up her Pokeball and said, "Oshawott, I chose you!" I never seen that Pokemon before. I got out my Pokedex, "Oshawott. A Sea Otter Pokemon. It attacks and defends using Shell Chomp from it's stomach." I closed my Pokedex, " So, you caught a Oshawott. Very smart of you." She said, "Well, to be honest, Brock, this Oshawott isn't really mine, but Professor Oak wanted me to keep it as my Pokemon." I said, "Well, this battle will be interesting. Valpix, I chose you." "Fire vs. water. This is my first time battling but I will not hold everything back, Brock." She said.  I said, "I was thinking the same thing! Here's to a great battle!" 

Emily

This is my first time battling with Ash's Pokemon, but I know all of  Oshawott's attack moves because I watched all of Ash's battle styles in the Regions. I hope that Ash would like to see this battle. Focus, Emily, you have one shot of this. "Ok, Oshawott, ready?" Valpix came up and Brock said, "Use Quick attack!" "Oshawott, dodge it!" He did and I said, "Great job, buddy. Here it comes, Dodge it and use Razor Shell!" The sword came out and Brock said, "How did you know it had an attack like that?" I replied, "I seen all of his moves with it's original trainer. Right, Oshawott?" Brock said, "Valpix, use flame thrower!" She did and Oshawott was hit and I asked, "Oshawott, you ok? Can you still battle?" Brock seemed to be in shock that I said that. "Those words. I heard them before." I said, "You didn't know who am I, right? Oshawott, use Aqua Jet now!" The Pokemon hit Valpix right away and Valpix was down and Brock yelled, "No, Valpix!" I couldn't believe it. I won the match! "All right! Oshawott, I'm glad that Ash trained you. You're lucky Pokemon." He blushes and Brock came towards me. "I'm impressed. You know Oshawott even though he's not yours." I rubbed my head, "Well, thanks, Brock. I'm kinda glad that I battled you. I am beginning to know you better by battling you." Brock said, "Here's your badge. You deserved it." I grinned, "Pikachu, we got the Rock Badge!" Brock said, "Your battling style... it reminds me of my friends I used to travel with." I said, "You must be talking about my brother, Ash. Professor told me that you knew him, right?" Brock was speechless and I waved my hand, "Brock, you all right? Hello?" He shook off his trance, "Sorry, um I thought you said, Ash. As in Ash Ketchum?" I said, "Yeah. My name is Emily. Emily Ketchum, from Pallet Town in Kanto, and I want to become a Pokemon Master." Brock said, "I never touch in with Ash for a long time now. Can I accompany you on your Journey, Emily? If you don't want me to-" I laughed, "Are you kidding me? Of course you can come along! It would be great to have a Pokemon Breeder along! What Gym you suggest we go next?" Brock took out his map, "I really want to visit my friends, May and Max. They lived in Petalburg City Gym." I said, "What we waiting for?!? Petal burg City Gym, here we come!" 

Brock

Wow. I didn't know I just battled Ash's sister! What a shocking reveal! Emily and I were walking and she seemed to be nervous. "Hey, Emily, what's the matter?" She notices my concern. "Oh. It's just how lucky you were traveling with my brother. I never met him before, that's why I wanted to go on a Journey in the first place, to learn more about Pokemon and battling." I said, "Well, I think that's a great idea to start off with, Emily. I must warn you though, Ash is not easy to beat. He has unlimited surprises on his sleeves, so you be prepare what ever happens." She said, "Thanks for the advice, Brock. I can't wait to see what kind of Pokemon he has now." I said, "I agree. He has a lot of Pokemon and it's hard to keep track of them from time to time." As we arrived to Petalburg City, Oshawott came out of it's poke ball! Emily seems to forgotten that. "Oh, you wanted to see the Gym too, huh?" "Oshawott!" He said. I said, "Uh, why is he out of his Pokeball?" Emily said, "Oh, that is how he is. Oak told me that he can be persuasive." "Hm. That's a new pokemon I never seen before." "That's because he was with Ash in the Unova League." I turned to see a teenager with glasses! I recognized it was Max! "Max! Wow, you grown!" "It's great to see you again, Brock! It's been a while! May, Brock's back!" The red bandana teenager runs towards us. "Brock, I didn't know you are on a new Journey!" I chuckled, "Indeed with Emily and Pikachu." Pikachu said, "Pika!" Emily said, "You must be Ash's friends in the Hoenn, right?" "Yeah. Why you-" As I was about to explain, Pikachu was in a battle mode. "What is it, Pikachu?" Emily asks.

Author's note: What you think will happen? Find out soon!