Omeed wished this was one of the few exceptions where her dreams wouldn't become real. And so did Atash and Zoya.

They stood silently taking in all Omeed had said, understanding dawning within them why Omeed has been out everyday this week. Her father wanted them to be in with a shot at surviving if everything didn't go as he had planned and he's accused of treason.

"With the sun as my witness I swear to always protect you my lady. I swear to always be there for you. And I am sure Zoya feels the same way." Atash spoke with his hand laid on his chest while he looked at Zoya who had tears in her eyes.

"Thank you." She whispered timidly as they continued walking hoping they hadn't kept Hafez and Amir waiting too long. With Zoya holding the food Omeed had packed up for little Ramin.

Hafez paced as he waited on Omeed to show up. He wondered if she was well or maybe she was tired after over exerting herself at the government clinic. He thought of many ways with which to tell Omeed of his true identity as the crown prince but he was afraid she would start treating him differently. Something he despised with a passion.

"Do you think she'll turn up Ramin?" He asked the little boy who stared at him with curious eyes but nodded his head.

"Your highness, perhaps they went straight ahead to the clinic." Amir told Hafez with gritted teeth not wanting Ramin or anyone else who stood close by to hear them.

Hafez only asked them to continue waiting as Omeed had clearly stated this was their meeting point. Just then Amir spotted Omeed approaching in the distance.

"Here comes the deer." He teased as Hafez scowled at him hating he had called Omeed that. Something Amir came up with the previous night. Though he had warned him against using it on her.

After the usual greetings and apologies for being late, the all walked to the clinic where they immediately got to work. Hafez and Amir had noticed the group weren't their usual cheerful self and Omeed had seem withdrawn when they had arrived.

They could also tell Zoya had been crying. But right now, it was time for their lunch break. They sat together and ate the meal Amir had brought along. It was a feast fit for a king, Zoya thought to herself.

Atash though, only though Hafez wanted to impress Omeed hence the food. Even if I can't have her, you wouldn't be able to have her either. He thought to himself bitterly as he stared at Hafez from under his lashes with his head bowed down as he ate his meal.

Spotting an opportunity to speak to Omeed alone, Hafez walked up to her as she got up to wash her hands. With the string and chain secured in a pouch around his waist.

"You seem distracted today my lady." Hafez said walking behind Omeed who stiffened as she hadn't heard him approach. "Sit down, I have something that might cheer you up." They sat down opposite each other on a bench as Hafez got out the pouch that contained the string and the chain.

Handing her the chain, Hafez explained to Omeed that she had to untangle it and that several people have tried to but non has been able to succeed. Without telling her what it meant if she succeeded in doing just that. Omeed stared at the chain in her grasp intently.

There was no possible way of untangling it. Feeling frustrated, she picked up a stone and smashed the chain breaking it into several pieces as Hafez looked on astounded.

Why hadn't he thought of this? He asked himself as he stared at what was now left on his chain. All these years, though he knew it was physically impossible to untangle yet he never thought of breaking it.

"This is the only way my lord." Omeed's musical voice drifted in his ears. "Now, what is the second puzzle?" She asked excitedly as she beamed with a renew vigour. Her eyes shone brightly with excitement and mischief.