Breaking These Walls~Epilogue

Start from the beginning

Michonne came out dressed the same way. Judith was after her, in the same colored dress, dropping the dark blue flower petals behind her. They left a beautiful trail, painting the ground in the color Sapphire had gotten her name from.

Then came Sapphire. My breath caught in my chest. My eyes traced her from head to toe, resting on the curve of her hips and her chest spilling out of the top of her dress, and finally, her gorgeous eyes. She looked simply beautiful.

When she saw me, she stopped cold. She stopped moving and breathing the way I had. A smile cracked open across her face as she started moving towards me again.

Something wet fell on my cheek. I raised my hand to brush it off, only to find that I was crying. The beauty Sapphire was, the beauty I was about to bound my soul to forever, was too much. She was everything.

Everything seemed to move in slow motion. It seemed like forever before she was finally in front of me, my hands around hers.

My eyes were focused on hers as the preacher began to speak. "We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of Sapphire and Daryl in holy matrimony."

Silence settled over the whole crowd. Everyone had their eyes fixed on us. We had our eyes fixed on each other.

"Do you, Daryl, take Sapphire to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, in sickness, and in health, til death do you part?"

"I do."

Sapphire's eyes glowed, tears threatening to escape as her face burst into a huge smile.

"Do you, Sapphire, take Daryl to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, til death do you part?"

"I do," she says, her voice shaky.

"If anyone has any objections to this union, speak now or forever hold your peace."

Silence answers the preacher before I raise my hand to speak. There's so much I needed to say to Sapphire, that until now, I had no idea how to say.

"Sapphire. Since the day I found you, I had a feeling you would save me. Since I've been with you, life is easier for me. You give me a reason to stay calm, to keep going, to never give up. You gave me a reason to let someone close to me, even though in this world, I don't know how long I'll have that person. You helped me in breaking these walls I had around me for so long. Thank you for that. I love you. So much."

Everyone just seemed stunned. Tears poured down Sapphire's cheeks as she smiled.

The preacher had a shaky voice when he spoke. "You may now kiss the bride."

My hand rested on Sapphire's cheek as I pulled her to me. I pressed my lips against hers, drinking the taste of her in, pulling her as close to me as she could get. Nothing else in the world existed, nothing but us, us kissing, the fire exploding in my heart, sending sparks flying between us.

When we finally did pull away, everyone was cheering us on.

*Sapphire's POV *

We found our way to the reception area. People were standing in a circle, leaving a clear space in the middle of the floor. Only when the romantic music started blaring from the stereo did I realize what the reason was.

I grabbed Daryl's hand and pulled him into the clear circle of wooden floor. He was confused at first, before I took one of his hands and placed it on my hip, holding the other one firmly in my hand.

He started to move across the floor, spinning the both of us in tight circles. He eventually let go of my hand and pulled me to his chest. I could hear his heart thrumming underneath the fabric of his tux.