Breaking These Walls~Epilogue

Start from the beginning

I took a deep breath, closing my eyes and envisioning the future we had together. I could see us holding hands, our skin wrinkled, rocking back and forth on the front porch while our great grandkids played like crazy on the lawn below.

"Earth to Sapphire!"

Michonne was waving her hand in front of my face. "Ten minutes til you walk down that aisle and become Mrs. Sapphire Dixon. Look, I'm going to go check on the reception house. I'll see you soon."

She kissed my cheek before dragging Maggie out the door behind her. It was just me and my kids now. I smiled when I saw my daughter holding a pretty white comb in her hand, smiling and laughing while the light threw sparkles off of the comb.

*Maggie's POV*

A lot of people had been working on the reception. The house was coated in white and sapphire, covered in glitter and everything else associated with a wedding.

Plates and plates of food covered the table. There was everything from deer jerky to lasagna, to brownies, cookies, and even a small, but pretty nonetheless, wedding cake with a comical display of a beat down bride and groom resting on the top of the cake.

A stereo was set up, as was a large bar with a huge assortment of alcohol. Little umbrella straws and toothpicks with olives on the end were ready to decorate all of the beverages that people would be ordering.

Smoke was rolling up into the air when someone who was grilling lifted the lid of the grill. The smell of meat flooded into the room. I breathed it in, relishing every moment. Today was going to be a great day. I could already tell.

I looked out the window as music started to belt out from a piano we had set up not far from the ceremony area. It was the classic, "Here Comes The Bride."

People were filing out of their houses, heading for the chairs. I grabbed Michonne, who was talking to the grill man, pulling her out the front door.

Sapphire was waiting for us at the bottom of the stairs in the house she had been using to get ready. She looked nervous, her eyes alight with fear. Judith was there too, her little basket of flowers in one hand while the other one played with the delicate petals in the basket.

"That's our cue. Let's get ready girls."

*Daryl's POV*

I was waiting by the window, watching the progress of the decorations and preparations. Rick was walking towards the house, a huge smile on his face.

I met him at the door. Much like every other guy here today, he was dressed up in a tuxedo and a bow tie.

Honestly the suit left me feeling like an overly large penguin.

"Are you ready?"

"I think so. I guess we'll find out when we get out there."

Rick clasped his hand over my shoulder. "Congratulations, brother. I'm glad we found her."

I hugged him then. We had been through a lot together. He was my brother, my family. We hadn't always gotten along, but he had changed me for the better. He acted like the steady, guiding hand I never had as a kid.

Music started blaring outside. "Come on. It's time."

We left the house, walking slowly towards the archway where a man in a tux stood holding a Bible.

Rick took his place beside me. Behind him, Glenn, then Morgan, then Abraham. Everyone in the crowd stood up when they heard a door open in the distance.

The first one out the door was Maggie. She was in a pale blue dress that came to just above her knees. The flowers she held in her hand were dark blue with light blue ribbons around their stems that matched the color of her dress.